Since today is supposed to be a slow and relaxing day I’m going to do a Thanksgiving Meme so enjoy.
A Thanksgiving Tradition: My family doesn’t do a whole lot of traditions but basically just going to my parent’s house for dinner. That’s it. This year we’re going to see my marching band perform which I’ve done other years but haven’t done in a while.
A Thanksgiving Memory: Funny thing is Thanksgiving doesn’t tend to stand out for me. Not because of bad memories but because it’s so nice and relaxing it doesn’t stand out in neon or anything. Although if there is one year I remember I think it was the last time my grandparents joined us (grandfather passed away and grandmother is in a home now) and my grandmother made a racial comment. I was a teenager then I think so I hit the roof and drama ensued. See, remembering things isn’t always a good thing.
Five Things To Be Thankful For:
1. My Life – This includes my friends, family (including furkids), good job (not great) and of course Erik — the best thing that ever happened to me. I feel truly lucky every single day of my life.
2. Internet Life – Not only do I get to express myself the best way I know how every day but I have made some fucking awesome friends. Hell, you guys are more a part of my everyday life than the friends I’ve known in person for years.
3. Good Fortune – I realize I’m very lucky to have a nice house, nice neighborhood, enough money to survive (barely sometimes but whatever), and the ability to plan a wedding exactly the way I want to. Oh and today is 7 months until the big day :thumbsup:
4. Humor – It makes everyday better. Without laughter what is the point? I’m so glad I have so many people in my life to make my laugh like Erik, Mr. Fabulous, Avitable, Tracy, The Mutt Princess, Gemini, Angel, DutchBitch, Slick and so many more. If I need a laugh I always have someone to go to.
5. Freedom – Sometimes you forget how great this is and I certainly take this for granted. I hope to use this freedom to my advantage someday by running off to Florida for a week of fun.
Have a good thanksgiving and I hope you have plenty to be thankful for. Oh and be very thankful for The Wonder Twins…they make the world a better place :robin: