Top 5 Male Actors

It’s been a little while since I’ve done a Top 5 post so here you go. If you have any suggestions, let me know. This particular list is easy and non-negotiable.

usualverbal1.jpg

5. Jake Gyllenhaal – He’s young but he’s proven himself many times that he’s worth watching. If you don’t believe me see Donnie Darko or Brokeback Mountain.
4. Leonardo DiCaprio – When I saw him in What’s Eating Gilbert Grape I knew he had a lot of talent up his sleave. I think it’s pretty great to see him getting such great roles now and mind you much better than Cuba Gooding Jr. (beat him for Supporting Actor and I’m still bitter).
3. Edward Norton – I see him almost as the next Kevin Spacey although I hate saying that. Thing is, I think they have very similar styles. Ed has been robbed of 2 Academy Awards already and hopefully someday he’ll get his due. He’s cute too, that never hurts.
2. Robert DeNiro – There is nothing to say about him that hasn’t been said a million times. He’s remarkable.
1. KEVIN SPACEY!!!! – I’ve already written posts about him and declared my love for him. He’s simply amazing and has NOTHING to do with why I want to go to Europe for my honeymoon.

I know some of my picks are youngins but to me they are the ones that are shinning the strongest right now. I feel like I missed somehow though…damn. I must stop trying to write stuff like this first thing in the morning.

November 7, 2007 at 10:07 am

DeNiro hasn’t been remarkable since Casino. And I still can’t watch Leonardo DiCaprio in anything. He annoys me to no end.

November 7, 2007 at 10:11 am

Do you agree with anything I write? :twitchy: Titanic ruined DiCaprio for a lot of people but he’s made a lot of great films. DeNiro hasn’t done anything spectacular in a while but he’s done more than enough to make up for that in the rest of his career.

November 7, 2007 at 10:17 am

You mean, do I agree with your opinion? Not always – that’s why it’s an opinion!

November 7, 2007 at 10:21 am

No that wasn’t quite what I meant but I am glad to hear other opinions.

November 7, 2007 at 10:22 am

Do you think I disagree with everything you say?

November 7, 2007 at 10:24 am

A lot of your comments in the last few months seem…I don’t know…like I annoy you or something. I’m sure I’m just being overly sensitive as I often am.

November 7, 2007 at 10:28 am

I think you might be.

You did realize that when I said “Good grief” to your costume post that I was referencing Charlie Brown, right?

November 7, 2007 at 10:31 am

Okay – that wasn’t me trying to be mean or anything.

November 7, 2007 at 10:34 am

I know, just never mind. I blame Fab for me being more sensitive than usual.

November 7, 2007 at 10:37 am

Did he rub you raw and now you’re overly sensitive? :avi:

November 7, 2007 at 10:55 am

Yeah, he gets excited sometimes :twitchy:

12. Amanda

November 7, 2007 at 11:20 am

oh god, I love Edward Norton. Death to Smoochy? Fight Club? God, he’s amazing.

Leonardo DiCaprio I agree is a good actor, but something about his voice drives me freaking insane. I had the biggest crush on him during the Growing Pains years though

13. themuttprincess

November 7, 2007 at 11:20 am

I really think that Edward Norton is going to be HUGE. He really pours himself into his roles and does a fantastic job. Jake Gyllenhaul is ok. I never saw Brokeback, and probably never will. I like DeNiro, I think he has gotten a little sloppy as he has gotten older, but hey, it happens. And I know how much you LOOOOOOVE Kevin. I think he is a good actor as well. I do not know how many of his movies I have seen, but I would guess quite a few.

November 7, 2007 at 11:27 am

Amanda – I’ve loved Ed since his first movie Primal Fear, he’s just phenomenal.

TMP – You must see more of Kevin, I demand it.

15. themuttprincess

November 7, 2007 at 6:07 pm

Ok tell me a few of your FAVs with him in it and I will do everything possible to see them again (well, we are assuming that I have seen them, after all I probably have)

🙂

November 7, 2007 at 6:44 pm

Well I looked at your profile on Netflix and you’ve seen most of them (ie. American Beauty, Se7en) but I’ll send you the others. Sound good?

17. eewestcoaster

November 7, 2007 at 7:23 pm

I love that you have a screen capture of Spacey in The Usual Suspects at the top of this post. That was the first role I saw him in where I remembered who he was afterwards. One of my all-time favorite movies, with one of my all-time favorite actors. Good call.

As for Gyllenhaal, I agree he’s got talent but if you’re proving your worth as a male icon by putting Brokeback Mountain on your resumee, something is very very wrong.

18. Slick

November 7, 2007 at 10:15 pm

Well, I applaud you for having Robert DeNiro on your list!

Love his acting abilities!

19. Heather B

November 8, 2007 at 2:45 pm

I would have to say Pacino would also have to be in there but this isn’t my list 😉