DY: Week One
If you don’t know about the DY then you can check out the Facebook group or visit the site at Deliciously Yours. There is a link on my site also showing my process. It’s all there to help my motivation and you guys can help too because I have a wedding dress to fit into people.
If you want to read reviews, they are located in the group. It would take up too much room on here.
Anyway, here is week one wrap up.
- I started my new way of eating with a bagel, if you can believe it! It was a 1/2 wheat bagel with light cream cheese. It was good and while at first it seemed to small it was really enough or it will be enough, when I adjust to less food than I’m used to.
- The Beef Goulash w/mixed vegetables was amazing and I had that for lunch, that will be a staple.
- The dinner didn’t really do it for me but it was ok, it was ham and hash browns.
- I was kind of hungry at the end of the night but I’m sure it was at least 300 less calories than I’m used to and about a billion carbs less than I’m used to.
- For breakfast I had the english muffin with peanut butter which I enjoyed and it was easy for someone who leaves so early in the morning. I did however end up getting the peanut butter all over my sweat shirt, good thing it was casual friday.
- Lunch was beef and noodle casserole and it was pretty good but not my favorite.
- Dinner was beef pot roast with potatoes and corn which was pretty good actually. I love corn and potatoes. The meat was pretty good but a little too fatty for me, I have issues with meat on fat.
- The chocolate pudding snack was disgusting but I hate things made with fake sugar. I couldn’t even finish it.
- I stepped on the scale after eating breakfast and was down 3 lbs! That was nice to see!
- Breakfast was the California breakfast and it was so delicious! Eggs, cheese and salsa!
- Before I headed out for the day I made sure to have my lunch so I wasn’t tempted and it was basil and tomato salad with grilled chicken breast. I:heart: this and plan to have this often for a lunch at work. Next time though I will eat it in a bowl so I don’t accidentally spill it on the floor 🙁
- I started the day off with Raisin Bran but I’ve never been a big fan of it, especially raisins but it was fine.
- I had a Mediterranean grilled chicken salad for lunch and it was pretty good but I’m not sure how I feel about chick peas, I’ll get back to you on that.
- I really enjoyed the beef and been burrito with Spanish rice, it was very close to takeout for me. I added just a smidge of salsa and it was perfect!
- Who doesn’t love muffins? I adored the apple and raspberry muffin and it really filled me up. I do suggest warming it up in the microwave though.
- Baked chicken and cheesy potato casserole was ok but a little bland. Left me kind of craving a little more but I kind of forgot to eat my fruit, as I usually do.
- For dinner was lemon herb chicken with roasted potatoes and it was alright but needed some salt, not a lot but a little to give it more flavor.
- The Nutri-Grain bar I never ate earlier that day was nice to have that evening.
- Breakfast today was a blueberry muffin which was good too but I liked the apple raspberry one better. Still good though.
- It was the chicken rice soup for lunch but, eh, nothing to right home about.
- The meat lasagna for dinner was goooood and I really didn’t think that would be my thing.
- I had popcorn for a snack, was that bad?
- I had a small bowl for Kashi for breakfast instead of instant oatmeal because I’m not a huge oatmeal fan.
- Given today was Halloween I tried to prepare. Instead of candy to give out we got a bag of little tubs of play-doh. Of course, my boss came around with candy and forced it down my throat. That’s my story and I’m sticking with it.
- I was offered free pizza and turned it down.
- I wasn’t having the basil chicken with rice, it just wasn’t for me. It looked good though.
I’m feeling really good and really excited about this. I don’t know if I’ve ever eaten this well for a week straight.
That’s way too much information I think for anyone who doesn’t care about this but there it is. I’m hoping next week I lose a little more. I know I need to walk more but I’m taking baby steps…no pun intended.