Low Carb Monster

I don’t know what this world has come to and I think this may mean the end of the human race as we know it.  I never imagined it would go this far, I didn’t see this atrocity coming.

Were you aware that Cookie Monster is now cutting back on the carbs and eating more vegetables.  I mean, this is a character who was know for his love love of cookies.

Look what paranoid parents have done again! They need to stop blaming everyone else for their children’s problems.  If your kid eats too many cookies then get the damn cookies out of the house!

Wikipedia:

In 2006, in response to growing concerns about record levels of childhood obesity in the U.S.A., Sesame Street began airing segments entitled Healthy Habits for Life. In these segments, the Muppet characters of Sesame Street talk about healthy habits, such as eating right and exercise. The Healthy Habits for Life segments caused false Internet rumors that Cookie Monster’s name had been changed to Veggie Monster.

In a 2007 appearance on Martha Stewart’s TV program, Cookie Monster explained his new philosophy that “Cookies are a sometime food.” However, he promised that he was not going to change his name to “Brussels Sprouts Monster.”

What’s next? Give Bert and Ernie “beards” so they don’t confuse the kiddies? :rolleyes:

October 29, 2007 at 6:08 am

It would have been a much better idea to just create a Veggie Monster and then let them battle to the death in a steel cage death match with chainsaws.

I should write for children’s television.

2. bluepaintred

October 29, 2007 at 8:50 am

oh gawd I want to be Berts beard so bad! Hes freaking hawt! He can hide his shenanigans behind me any day!

3. themuttprincess

October 29, 2007 at 9:45 am

That is just wrong. HIS NAME IS COOKIE MONSTER!!!

I hope those puppet playing freaks feel good now that they ruined a perfectly good character!!!

October 29, 2007 at 9:55 am

Mr. Fab – I like the way you think, the world would be a much better more interesting place.

BPR – Hey, as long as you are willing to share…I heard that Ernie is really possessive and needs a lot of his time.

TMP – I’m telling you, this is the end of the world.

5. Maureen

October 29, 2007 at 10:08 am

I think that he still loves cookies, he just admits to loving vegetables, too 😀 (although, I’m sure, he still prefers a cookie)

Surprisingly, my kids weren’t all that excited about Sesame Street, besides Shelby’s brief infatuation with the “Elmo’s Blanket” movie.

October 29, 2007 at 2:16 pm

I should really be put in charge of things. Can you help me with that? I’d like to harness the power of the Wonder Twins.

7. Bobo

October 29, 2007 at 2:18 pm

It’s been a while since I came by… and to think you’d shock me with this sort of news…. COOKIE MONSTER becoming VEGE Monster?? I’d faint if that really happened one day. It’s madness!

8. Nancy

October 30, 2007 at 1:02 pm

Oh man! How can he sing his “C is for Cookie” song, now?

People need a life…..

9. Angel

October 31, 2007 at 4:38 am

That’s horrible!! What ever happened to Big Bird doing the veggie promotion and Cookie Monster just doing what he does best…eating cookies? This is ridiculous.

10. DutchBitch

October 31, 2007 at 5:31 am

WHAAAAAATTT!!! They took away the cookies from the Cookie? That’s just wrong on so many levels!!!