Is This Covered By Insurance?

We heard a strand sound, like a knocking but it was fast and continuous. At first we thought it was the cat fountain making weird sounds but when Erik unplugged it the sound continued.

Then when he went to open the door I noticed a bird fly away outside and when he walked outside we found this.

Woodpecker

It was a woodpecker. Who else does this happen to but us??

1. Maureen

October 14, 2007 at 3:17 pm

My parents were being bothered by woodpeckers & they found a unique solution to the problem. Buy a few rubber snakes & hang them from the corners of your roof (and right there where the woodpecker was working, too). Apparently, they are scared of snakes and, even though they don’t usually hang from roofs, the sight of the snake is enough to scare them off.

I’ve also heard that a realistic looking statue of an owl will scare them off, too.

Good luck!

2. bluepaintred

October 14, 2007 at 4:49 pm

ouch

at least now you know your house tastes good!

October 14, 2007 at 6:02 pm

It is God’s way of saying to move to Florida 🙂

4. blueyes

October 14, 2007 at 7:49 pm

Those little bastards will peck at anything. When I was in my other duplex with a fireplace it had one of those metal covers to keep birds from nesting in the flue but damned it the woodpeckers didn’t like the sound of it. I got the shit scared out of me at 7 AM one morning because of them and it took about a week or so for them to realize it was metal and they weren’t doing a damn thing to it.

5. Janna

October 15, 2007 at 1:19 am

Wow, he took out quite a chunk there.
    Must need more fiber in his diet.

October 15, 2007 at 10:43 am

We have woodpeckers all the time.

7. themuttprincess

October 15, 2007 at 10:51 am

I guess your kitties are not controlling the woodpecker population.

8. Claudia a/k/a Happy Nutritionist

October 15, 2007 at 10:58 pm

I may be the only one that is crazy enough to see this, but when I looked at the picture, I thought that a woodpecker had pecked on a high voltage wire and was on fire…oh my, am I relieved that’s not it…but take a look, do you see what I mean? I’m relieved that he has just pecked a self-portrait:-)