He Crossed The Line

I try not to have too high standards for the man I decide to spend the rest of my life with but I have a few. Obviously, you don’t want to set the bar too high or you’ll end up constantly disappointed.

I realize he might at times look at other women and even flirt with other women, I can handle that. I realize from time to time he might lie to me or not notice I drastically changed my hair. I’m not naive, I can accept he’s not perfect and might slip up down the line.

I did not however expect what my love did to me over the weekend while on vacation. I did not expect the lack respect and the out right cruelty. I never saw it coming, I never thought he’d do it to me.

When out at the seafood restaurant we both got the scallops dinner and at the end I had half of mine left. He suggested I put mine on his place to take it to go and I was immediately hesitant. When I noticed he kept eating the scallops while we sat there I warned him several times “most of that is mine, I am saving that for tomorrow.”

As I am milling around the next morning I can’t help but think about the delicious scallops from the previous night and how great they’ll be for lunch. I go upstairs and that’s when Erik breaks the news to me…he ate the scallops that night.

Robin: You ate my scallops?
Erik: I ate the scallops we brought home.
Robin: Most of that was my scallops, are there any left?
Erik: (pause) No.
Robin: So you ate mine.
Erik: I didn’t know you wanted them.
Robin: I told you several times I was saving them.
Erik: I don’t remember that.
Robin: Yeah…

What are the lessons learned? A weekend without television and internet is not always a good thing, you’ll only get on each other’s nerves.

And don’t eat your woman’s leftovers especially when she specifically tells you not to touch them…no matter how good they were! :whosnext:

—————————-
Now go head over to my reviews site and offer your opinions…assuming you have some.

October 9, 2007 at 9:51 am

I would never have done that to you. Although I don’t like scallops I don’t think.

Now I am thinking about eating something off the Wonder Twins. I don’t know why.

2. Amanda

October 9, 2007 at 11:13 am

umm I don’t know that’d I’d like leftover scallops. I’m weird about my seafood. But that was a cruel thing to do!

3. J.

October 9, 2007 at 11:14 am

Ha! Get used to it.
    I went to get a piece of leftover lasagna out of the fridge for lunch on the weekend.
    There were three pieces when I put it in the fridge.
    Gone. None. Nadda.

4. bluepaintred

October 9, 2007 at 11:30 am

I swear I will go back and read this post but first. . .

maybe I am slow, but in my bloglines it said you updated, there was a photo of two guys and the caption when you leave the guys too long to go shopping (or something)

where do I find THAT. this has happened a few times and I am going insane!

October 9, 2007 at 1:23 pm

Mr. Fab – I used to hate scallops, until Erik got me to like them. It’s a fucked up little game he’s playing with me.

Amanda – But they were sooooo good and seafood lasts fine to the next day but that’s about it.

J. – This isn’t like him though…he’s a very thoughtful and generous guy…apparently unless it’s seafood.

BPR – It’s my sideblog, it only shows up on the sidebar and in feeds.

October 9, 2007 at 1:33 pm

Well, he is old and his memory is fading. Give the geezer a break!

7. DutchBitch

October 10, 2007 at 3:35 am

OMG Thanks! That’s added to my demands list for a new guy too!

Slap the bastard! Want to borrow one of my stiletto heels? Just for fun?

8. MisstressM

October 10, 2007 at 8:15 pm

Do you realize that I have been starving all day long and now i am salivating?

October 11, 2007 at 8:14 am

Avi – I know, I always forget that.

Dutchbitch – I just might borrow one…he wouldn’t be expecting a stiletto from me so that’ll work.

MistressM – I’m still wondering where my replacement scallops are :annoyed: