New Season: Round One

I’m a tad hungover from Saturday night and I blame Mr. Fabulous completely. I will never drink again, I swear. More on that later, it’s time for my wise knowledge and I decided yall need to know what to watch this season on television.

How I Met Your Mother – Even funnier this season if that’s possible. I can’t say enough about this show and I just can’t stop laughing.

Two and a Half Men – This is a classic sitcom and a gem that I’m not sure most people know about. Genius writing and quite honestly writing for comedy is the hardest kind.

The Big Band Theory – I love nerds and these guys are too cute. I like the idea and so far it works. However, who knows how far this will actually go.

Dirty Sexy Money – I was hesitant about this but it was really good. A lot of layers with very colorful but complex characters. Dark but flowing in the storyline.

Reaper – This show screams Kevin Smith and to me that’s a good thing.

CSI – It’s back and more suspenseful than ever. Now if Greg would just take his shirt off or have a love scene I’ll be complete.

My Name is Earl – Great beginning, Earl in prison is hilarious.  They always have such great guest stars and really give them perfect characters to play.  It warms my heart :heart:

The Office – Was it just me or did they go a little too far with the whole race thing?  I hope the show isn’t nearing jumping the shark, that would be sad.  Jim and Pam were great and so glad they make such a cute couple.

** If you didn’t catch my post about the engagement pictures (there is a full album to see now) then here is the link :erik:

October 1, 2007 at 11:37 am

How could the Office be jumping the shark? That was a great episode!

2. Amanda

October 1, 2007 at 12:24 pm

I think its hard for half hour sitcoms to sustain a full hour. The first half was awesome, the second half was a little stretched thing, but I still thought it was amazing

October 1, 2007 at 12:47 pm

I think Amanda said it best, an hour for the show is just too long. It gets to be a little too much when it’s dragged out that long. Otherwise it still kicks ass.

4. cheri

October 1, 2007 at 3:34 pm

Great (love em’) pictures of you and Erik! You too are too cute!!

5. ANO

October 1, 2007 at 6:28 pm

I agree about the Big Bang Theory. It’s good so far but it could get old real quick.

6. janet

October 1, 2007 at 6:34 pm

I watched many of the shows you mentioned, except CSI, Earl and Two and A Half Men. I actually didn’t watch Dirty Sexy Money yet, but it’s on my tivo! So far I liked Reaper, but it is early to predict much for any show yet. I watched Big Bang Theory by accident, but I’m glad I did. My dad thought the Office was the funniest episode ever. I wouldn’t go that far, but I was amused. As far as jumping the shark, I’m worried it might have only bc they finally paired Jim with Pam.

October 1, 2007 at 6:48 pm

Cheri – Thanks, wrong post but thanks anyway!

ANO – That’s the thing with sitcoms, it is a fine line.

janet – I think having The Office a hour long is too much.

8. MisstressM

October 1, 2007 at 7:13 pm

Fab seems to be a bad influence.

October 1, 2007 at 7:13 pm

He is, he gets me in a lot of trouble.

10. Tara

October 1, 2007 at 7:16 pm

Even if Dirty Sexy Money goes over the top, who cares? Sutherland and Krause are AMAZING!!!

October 1, 2007 at 7:31 pm

I think DSM is the kind of show that should be kind of campy and over-the-top…as long as it doesn’t become Melrose Place. I think it’s one of my favorite new shows.

October 2, 2007 at 6:11 am

I don’t see how YOUR hangover could possibly be MY fault.

I demand a pubic apology. Or, failing that, a public one.

13. brenna

October 3, 2007 at 5:52 am

Two and a Half Men is one of my favorite sitcoms. I have to watch it every weeknight from 7 to 8.