TV Family and Theme Song

I was going to do a typical bullet post but I don’t really have a lot going on. So I’m going a slightly introspective meme route.

1. Growing up, which TV family was most like yours? Why?

This is a hard question because my family is nothing like any of the families on tv but I guess the closest one I can imagine is Roseanne but only in respect to the kids. The parents aren’t anything like my parents but then nobody is. Are there tv parents that live in denial and like to watch movies?

2. Which relationship experience changed you the most as a person?

Most of my relationshiops changed me as a person in some way and a few of them did so dramatically. I must say though Erik has been the biggest transformation as I’m now more comfortable with myself and the world around me.

3. Which song serves as your personal theme song? Why?

I tend to change my mind on this one but I’ll go back to my original one from years ago that still suits me. It’s the song “Everything Falls Apart” by Dogs Eye View because I always seem to be waiting for the other shoe to drop.

4. Do you wish you could have experienced another era? What would it be and why?

Don’t laugh but I think I’d enjoy the 70’s. I know, the clothes were a little lame at times and the music as well but everyone was dancing all the time. I love to dance and I think I would have enjoyed disco. I may just think that from watching movies and the real thing would probably not be anything I’d imagine.

5. What’s the best advice you’ve ever gotten?

Ironically it was from someone who I tend to clash with a lot but it always stuck with me. When I was upset over another breakup and that the guy said I was an “emotional rollercoaster” she told me that I’d need to find a special guy who could handle how complex I was…or something like that. Whenever things didn’t work out with guys after that I always figured they just weren’t enough for me…I needed a guy who could handle all I brought to the table :robin:

Bonus:

If you could trade real-life places with another blogger for a week, whom would you choose, and why?

Probably Mr. Fabulous — because he goofs off all day and then relaxes in the hot tub afterwards.

1. themuttprincess

September 19, 2007 at 8:41 am

I like the advice that you got. Complex is a decent way of putting it, and then realizing that not everyone would appreciate all you had to offer… BUT there would be someone out there that would. That is nice.

(I would change places with you so I could have fun with the WT)

2. Angel

September 19, 2007 at 9:18 am

Hello … I am a new visitor (and new to blogging) … hope to visit as much as possible.

I like the advice you were given … I figure if a man can love me with all my issues and complexities (which makes me a woman) then he is a keeper.

September 19, 2007 at 9:45 am

You just want to know what it’s like to have a small penis…

4. MisstressM

September 19, 2007 at 2:01 pm

1. Growing up, which TV family was most like yours? Why?
    I think everyone grew up in a dysfunctional family. Mine was a combination for Roseanne, Married with Children, The Simpsons and Full House. All in all we are talking SCREWED up.
    2. Which relationship experience changed you the most as a person?
    I have learned at least one thing from everyone I have come across. But I think if I had to pick one, it would be the relationship with Lover Cop.
    3. Which song serves as your personal theme song? Why?
    My theme song changes everyday. Its all based on my mood and the happenings of life. As for today, I am thinking of a lullaby of some kind.
    Hmmmmmm…..probably the Renaissance. I think I could make a good wench.
    5. What’s the best advice you’ve ever gotten?
    Someone once told me “No expectations, no disappointments” totally cowardly. But here is the beauty of it, if I go into a situation expecting the world and I only get a simple nothing, not only is my soul crushed but my ego is bruised and I am less likely to try it again. But if I go in expecting a small leaf and I get the whole damn tree, can you imagine my ego?
    Bonus:
    You! Because you come off as a very comfortable person who is in love with her husband. I think for a short while I would like to experience what being in love is all about. You know what I mean?

September 19, 2007 at 2:13 pm

Angel – Welcome and Welcome :wave: I hope you stop by again. It’s funny until I met Erik I think I tried to kind of mold myself into what other guys wanted me to be and of course…that never worked. There is nothing better than finding someone who loves you for you (both good and bad) even if just a friend.

Mr.Fab – What kind of car do you drive?

TMP – :lmao: I’m slow today. Right now they are all swollen so you can borrow them.

MistressM – Thanks for the complex answer 😉 I do although I bet Erik would annoy you very quickly. But when he gets annoying just ask him to make you dinner or rub your feet and you’re all set.

September 19, 2007 at 3:45 pm

Ok then you might have a small dick.

7. Slick

September 19, 2007 at 9:54 pm

I drove a Mustang GT and I traded it for an Impala. Does that mean mine has grown? Or shrunken? Hell, I can’t keep up with it. No pun intended.

My TV family would’ve been like The Waltons. We were always broke but housed everyone in the neighborhood

September 20, 2007 at 7:48 am

Well, the rule is the more sporty your car is or the bigger it is the smaller your penis is.

September 20, 2007 at 8:34 am

Sporty or big? It’s a Hyundai! How do you get “small penis” from a Hyundai?