Say Cheese!

Witty title isn’t it? I know.

Today our wedding photographer Rachel from Decent Urban Lifestyle Photography is coming to our house to take our engagement photos. I do want you to know this is not something we specially requested, it came with her wedding package. She explained to us it is her way of getting to know the couple and I think that is fun.

Here is the problem on our end. We’ve never liked a picture of us together except for one. Every other picture if I like myself in it he thinks he’s puffy in it or whatever. We have issues getting a good picture of us and how often do couples get pictures taken of themselves unless they are at an event?

Also we aren’t the best at smiling when we are asked to. When I smile for the camera I tend to smile too big and it looks cheesy. I never really noticed this until Erik pointed it out, thanks hon :rolleyes: Erik on the other hand tends to pull a Chandler Bing, once someone tells him to smile he suddenly looks like a serial killer.

So we’re nervous but then we feel very confident about Rachel and every picture I’ve seen of hers so far has been unbelievable. I think though I’ve been watching too much America’s Next Top Model and I might have a diva attitude when I’m done.

September 17, 2007 at 6:28 am

I am glad you had fun with it. I can’t wait to see them!

2. Brenna

September 17, 2007 at 7:40 am

ugh…smiling for photos sucks. It likes the most unnatural thing. I dont know how some people do it.
    I’m glad you had fun though. πŸ˜€

September 17, 2007 at 7:51 am

Mr. Fab – I can’t wait either, about 2 weeks it seems. She’s a busy woman and engaged herself.

Brenna – Believe it or not smiling I found to be easy…being serious was the tough part. Particularly going from smiling to serious. It felt weird but Rachel told me the whole point of all of that is to relax and not think about it.

4. Heather B

September 17, 2007 at 11:23 am

wedding photos by professional photographers always seem to be perfect of course they take 100 billion photos like i do so your bound to get at least a dozen that look great. Then they do the touch ups…

5. Tink (mimi)

September 17, 2007 at 12:12 pm

Thanks for you post on my blog!
    Sorry this comment has NOTHING to do with your show post – but I thought I would
    let you know that your time with RACHEL is going to be great – and the more you
    let yourself shine, the better your pictures will be….. LET YOUR CHEESE OUT
    SISTER – you won’t regret it!
    Much peace and many blessings to you and your mister – Congrats!!!!
    You will love the wedding photos I am sure of it!

September 17, 2007 at 12:36 pm

HeatherB – Well I would too, better to be on the safe side. I hope she does touch ups πŸ˜€

Tink – Thanks and I’m excited and nervous to see how it all comes out. Not that her photos won’t be amazing, just me is what I’m worried about. Thanks for stopping by and you commented and the right post!

7. Rachel

September 17, 2007 at 11:07 pm

Robin… I just saw this! You guys did great… I don’t know what you’re talking about. And I think that I was having a good time, too, because I took NINE HUNDRED AND TWENTY ONE PHOTOS. That is truly out of control. I think Leoster the gnome put me over the edge.

September 18, 2007 at 8:18 am

:what: That is a lot of pictures! Yeah, Leoster has a way with the ladies like that.