Damn Traffic

I have a video that I need you all to take a moment to watch. Not only is this video made by my little brother but it’s a surprisingly good video. It’s more than a good video, it’s a fucking great video. This coming from a cinema snob, I was really impressed.

My brother Matt just recently graduated from film school and this was the film he made as his final project. Movies have always been a big thing in our family. I was named after a movie and whenever we have dinner we mostly talk about movies. I, of course, always try to discuss Kevin Spacey but that is neither here nor there 😀

I was worried for a bit about my little brother because he seemed a little lost and unsure about what he wanted to do with himself. Not that this was abnormal given he’s not even 23 yet because I can’t say I even know what I want to do with my life at this point. It appears he’s found his talent, who knew.

This short film is a humorous look at traffic in the Norteast. It’s about 10 minutes long so if you can’t watch it now, please watch it when you get home. Also, please comment and/or rate it after you’ve watched it.

I think you will all enjoy it, I can’t imagine any of you haven’t dealt with traffic at one point in your lives. I’m a very proud big sister.

LINK

1. themuttprincess

September 13, 2007 at 8:49 am

Robin, for some odd reason it is x’d out. I can not see it and I am at home.

I would like to see it, if you can send me a link that would rock!

Way to go little bro!!!

September 13, 2007 at 8:51 am

I just included a link and it’s also on my Crackbook profile.

3. swf42

September 13, 2007 at 10:30 am

Love it!! Especially the soundtrack!

September 13, 2007 at 11:39 am

I am a fan, as you know 🙂

5. Joy

September 13, 2007 at 11:58 am

EXCELLENT!!! Congrats to your brother and all the best to him. He has talent.

It is so true, I live in CT and I95 is a f’n mess. I take Metro North to my job that on the weekend would only take me 20 minutes to drive. During the week 1 to 2 hours.

September 13, 2007 at 1:17 pm

SWF – Hard to believe he was once only into rap, he’s grown up a lot.

Mr. Fab – But then you are biased, you are a fan of anything I’m a fan of.

Joy – The two worst highways of traffic I’ve ever sat in are I95 and Route 2. Route 2 I do every damn day for what seems since the day I was born. I hate route 2.

7. cheri

September 13, 2007 at 1:39 pm

That’s great ! And very true! Thanks for sharing.

It’s exactly why I took a pay cut to work 5 min away from home! 🙂 And I don’t live in one of the worst cities – although it seems like at times.

8. jester

September 13, 2007 at 6:00 pm

Great video.

Though I have to laugh at the shots of “traffic.” I live near San Francisco. You know nothing of traffic if you haven’ t had to drive around here.

A trip of 40 miles can often take upwards of 3 hours on a highway that is 12 lanes wide in many places.

September 13, 2007 at 6:16 pm

Cheri – That’s pretty much what I’ve been looking for for a while.

Jester – Oh I can imagine or really don’t want to even imagine. Some days I go into a trance just so I don’t really absorb how much time I waste everyday. If I was doing what I do now in California or New York I’d probably kill myself. We are though in the top 10.

10. Rachel

September 13, 2007 at 9:04 pm

I liked the quotes at the beginning. Way to quote Aristotle, man!

September 14, 2007 at 8:06 am

Rachel – Thanks for commenting and watching the video. I’m glad you enjoyed!

12. Nancy

September 14, 2007 at 4:16 pm

Hey! This was so good and so true. Boston traffic sucks. I cant count the number of times we have been in Boston and it snowed a couple of inches. It then takes forever and a day to get home. Usually, its like two hours.

Congrats to your brother.

September 14, 2007 at 6:05 pm

Hi Nancy :wave: snow is the worst. Whenever I know it’s going to snow before my drive home from work I know it’s going to be complete hell and exhausting. Whenever it is snowing when I wake up in the morning before work — I don’t go in.

14. Brenna

September 17, 2007 at 8:00 am

wow, you should be proud. What a great job he did!