Pilot’s Neurosis

I haven’t talked about my furkids in a while because well, I really don’t want to become one of those people. The only thing worse than furmommy blogs are mommy blogs but then that is just me.

Like kids I suppose my furkids are always developing new issues and finding new ways to drive us insane. Why can’t they just be cats and enjoy their leisurely existence?

The new issue that has come up is Pilot is noticeably afraid of Aurora now. Keep in mind Pilot is a hunter and on a weekly basis kills bugs and small animals while Aurora only ever sits on her ass. But I swear, Pilot is very much in fear of her but I can’t Under the Bedreally figure out why.

I get that Aurora hisses at him whenever he gets anywhere near her and sometimes swats at his face. Maybe he just wants to give her the space she obviously needs, maybe he’s just being courteous. Either way, he’s starting to develop brand new issues now as well.

When I get home I open the door to let him outside and he’ll stand there for a few minutes just staring out the door. Is he afraid or did he already forget what is beyond the door? Is he so overwhelmed with emotion of getting out of the house that he can’t seem to actually make the leap. Either way, I nudge his butt with my foot and he’s off and running.

When he shows up at the door to come in, again he’ll just stand there looking really unsure about coming in the house. We have to keep calling his name (but not forcefully) and try to lure him in gently. One swift move and he’ll bolt off into the woods and we won’t see him until daylight.

When did he become so paranoid? Has Aurora just nerve wracked him so much that he’s always afraid? If he’s so paranoid why is he still able to kill small animals like it’s nothing? Is this all just an elaborate game to make us do tricks for them? Do they plot against us during the day while we are at work?

August 14, 2007 at 9:15 am

I firmly believe that all pussies should get along well with each other.

2. NYCWD

August 14, 2007 at 10:10 am

Aurora did something BAD.

She needs to be punished. :gemini:

August 14, 2007 at 10:54 am

Avi – I agree.

Watchdog – Oh she gets punished, lots of hugs and attention from me. That’s the worst punishment for her.

4. themuttprincess

August 14, 2007 at 10:57 am

Wow. I wonder what it could be…..

My oldest cat (who is about 8 or 9) gets cranky sometimes. So very cranky that he attacks anything and everything that crosses his path… (with exception, me and my BF) He has attacked the dogs the other cat any kids that happen to be around… He is much better, but some days he wakes up on the wrong side of the bed… I bet that cats are just moody like us humans!!!!

August 14, 2007 at 11:45 am

Coreys…cats….what’s next? My mind is boggled!

6. J.

August 14, 2007 at 12:00 pm

Sounds like a typical male/female relationship. LOL …

7. Angel

August 14, 2007 at 2:36 pm

I’m not sure what could be wrong. My kitties get along most of the time, but they are both indoor cats. Sometimes my youngest (LIttle Bit, who is the biggest of the two,and the boy) gets scared of the oldest and leaves her alone for a while, but nothing like you are describing. I’m sorry I can’t help. :dunno:

8. Angel

August 14, 2007 at 3:12 pm

PS Someone went to my page at MyBlogLog community, and left a comment complimenting me on the design of THIS site. I replied and let him know that I did not design this site, but that I would let you know about the compliment.

The address is: http://www.mybloglog.com/buzz/members/SecretAngel/

You will see a gray box with messages in it on the right hand side. The top comment is the one that compliments your site.

9. Brenna

August 15, 2007 at 8:09 am

awww…I wonder what happened. Ever try video taping them when you aren’t home? We’ve done that with our dog (when we checked the vid later she howled in it, a lot. It was so sad…like she couldnt stand us being gone. And we never ever see her do that when we are home). Hmm…cats though may be a bit boring to tape. *L* But I wonder…

August 15, 2007 at 8:14 am

TMP – I just keep thinking…Pilot is tough…he can take her ass any day of the week.

Mr. Fab – Next? Dirty talk about you maybe…

J – You have a point.

Angel – It’s ok, I figure they are just screwed up like the rest of us…they just don’t get drugs to treat it.

Brenna – That would either be disturbing to watch or really boring. I assume they sleep all day.