My Defining Moments
I was really intrigued by Janet’s Tuesday meme and I thought I would post my top five defining moments in my life. How does one narrow it down to five? Well, it’s not easy.Ã‚Â I’m not sure these are the top five but they were the first ones I thought of.
5. Getting Published – The first time I ever had my writing published and that was in high school.Ã‚Â It was a poem I wrote, believe it or not about an actor I was in love with but you wouldn’t know by reading it.Ã‚Â That feeling that someone else enjoyed what I wrote has never left me, it still drives me every single day.
4. College – More specifically the day I became friends with some of the best people on the planet and I think I finally felt like I actually fit in.Ã‚Â I could really be myself.
3. Marching Band – Joining marching band I think gave me my first real feeling of purpose and passion. There is nothing like the feeling of competing in front of a stadium and realizing you were a part of bringing the show to life. It was hard hard work but it was worth it.
2. Breast Reduction – I felt trapped by my breasts for years until I had my reduction and it changed everything.Ã‚Â Just being able to not wear a bra was truly wonderful.Ã‚Â Then again, they are now almost as big as they were then but I can only imagine how big they’d be if I’d never had the surgery.
1. Meeting Erik – The moment I met Erik not only did my life change but I changed.Ã‚Â I found the love of my life along with my very best friend all at once.