Today is MIL Day

• I woke up late because I stayed at Gemini’s party late.  There was a weird neighbor guy that kind of invaded the party at the end.  He was nice but too weird and tried to lecture me :whosnext:
  • I got new sheets, that were desperately needed and they are quite pretty too.  The old sheets kept coming off the corner and I’d wake up on a bare mattress :rolleyes:
  • Someone made vodka watermelon for the party, that was evil 👿
  • I almost took a nap…don’t tell Gemini :secret:
  • MIL is coming today and we need to straighten the place us.  We have a system for when she visits and it involves me taking a lot of Xanax.
  • She’s bringing a car load of heirlooms but we really don’t need anymore heirlooms.  I’m not sure I have any heirlooms from my family.  Why does one need heirlooms?
  • I should do a post on every item she brought us, you won’t believe it I swear.
  • I wonder if she traveled with vegetables this time, why would you pack a suitcase of vegetables?
  • I really gotta go clean.

1. Tara

July 29, 2007 at 1:18 pm

I do not miss the MIL at all. Thanks for the reminder that life is beautiful without her! :thumbsup:

I for one would like to see posts on these “heirlooms.”

July 29, 2007 at 1:26 pm

You are lucky :banghead: I will do a post of it, Erik is putting them in the shed so I will have to catch him.

3. Heather B

July 29, 2007 at 2:47 pm

Thankfully I never had a serious issue with MIL’s but I did with my SIL in my first marriage…

I too want a heirlooms post too

July 29, 2007 at 6:44 pm

Well…this visit ought to be interesting… :fab:

5. Kentucky Girl

July 29, 2007 at 11:44 pm

Ooh! YAY! Heirlooms! I call those items that people give me that they call heirlooms–donation items. It all works out. hehe

6. Angel

July 30, 2007 at 1:21 pm

I would like to see an heirloom post too. I hope that your visit with your mother in law went well!! I just bought new sheets too, but not because I needed them, rather because I am obsessed with them. I have 27 sets that will fit the bed I have now, and over ten sets for each of the spare beds. I just get afraid that they will wear out quickly (they shouldn’t because they are all 400TC or above).

7. themuttprincess

July 30, 2007 at 1:23 pm

I hope it went well. And you got less heirlooms than you thought you would. OH and less veggies.

And that you got a nap and lots of Xanax.

8. cheri

August 1, 2007 at 11:09 am

How’d the visit go? I want some new sheets too! But what I want cost too much 🙁

August 1, 2007 at 11:13 am

Heather B – This is my first difficult MIL ever but then I’m more involved with Erik than any other guy before.

Fab – Luckily it was short.

KG – Now I just have to convince Erik to get rid of most of it.

Angel – Working on an heirloom post.

TMP – I got neither.