Getting On My Soapbox
I saw Angel do this and I thought I might as well get this out there.
- Abortion – I’m completely Pro-Choice and I think if I had been in that unfortunate situation I probably would have done it, although I don’t think anyone knows unless they are in the situation. I’ve been there for several of my friends as they’ve done it, I’m certainly glad I never had to make the choice.
- Same Sex Marriages – I am for it, although I don’t know if heteros have really made marriage look all that great in the first place but I think gays should be allowed the same rights. I’m glad I live in a state where it’s legal.
- Organized Religion – I have to be honest, I don’t like religion. The way I see it, I don’t see why everyone can’t just pray or keep their spirituality to themselves or in their home. Why go somewhere to pray? Why go nuts with it and try to recruit others? Just appreciate what you have and be thankful.
- Racism/Prejudice – I hate it all, on every end. I just don’t understand not liking someone for something they have no control over. I think people just need to relax and worry more about themselves than others. Oh yeah and treat others how they’d like to be treated.
- Politics – I’m not sure what I am, somewhere in the middle but definitely not a Republican :yuck:
- The War – I’m still waiting for someone to properly explain this to me so it makes sense, nobody has so far. If we are trying to make things better over there who’s to say it won’t go back to the way it was after we leave? Why not take care of our country, we need it I think.
- Animals Rights – I wish I could be a vegetarian but I need the protein too much and I’m a very picky eater. However, I have no interest in anything fur. I hate the way a lot of animals are treated and I’ve started to try to make better choices when shopping.
- Guns – I don’t believe in guns, I think we should get rid of them all together.
- Father’s Rights – It’s my biggest fight and I believe fathers should have the SAME rights as mothers but they do not. I think the children should be with the best parent and if possible they should have both parents in their lives.
- Immigration – I’m all for immigration but I think they should have to go through the process. The process was created for a reason.
School Shootings – I think it’s easy to blame the shooter but I’m not sure anyone really wants to see where it all started. Maybe the parents should have helped more or been more aware but what about the kids that teased this kid so far and for so long that he felt he had nothing left? You want this kid to suffer for what he did? He did, for his entire life before this. What the kid did wasn’t right but neither were the people that allowed him to be tormented. I’m reading a book about this right now and it’s getting me all wound up, review on Monday.
What are your thoughts?Ã‚Â