Bad Directions

I’ve been told many times that I give bad directions.  It’s not like my directions are incorrect, it’s just that what I see in my head comes out distorted when I write it down.  I think it has something to do with the fact that I rely more on landmarks to get me places than street signs.

Here are a few ideas off the kind of directions I give:

• At the rotary take the third right after the McDonalds.
  • Drive for a while and go over a sort of bridge thing.
  • Look for a fork-like intersection thing and vier to the left.
  • Take the exit (don’t know number) that says I think Route 110 or 111 or both, I’m not sure.
  • We’re right after the bridge and another little street.
  • Look for the white house that is falling apart and looks like a dump yard or whatever.

That’s an idea but I’m taking these mostly off the top of my head.  My friend Jusy still hasn’t let me forget about the “third right after McDonalds” because they drove around that rotary 3x looking for the third right after McDonalds :paperbag:

It all made sense in my head but then that causes me a lot of confusion everyday.

So, now I just send Google directions.

———————————
I just want to say my own goodbye to Sigmund my little furnephew (Gemini’s kitty) who was put to sleep yesterday after they found out he had cancer.  He was 15 years old and had a wonderful life.  We’ll miss him.

Siggy

June 29, 2007 at 8:35 am

Aw..poor Sigmund. That makes me sad.

June 29, 2007 at 8:37 am

He had a really good life, I hope my cats are as lucky to have such a great life.

June 29, 2007 at 8:46 am

Forgive my igorance, but what is the approximate normal lifespan of a kitty?

June 29, 2007 at 8:47 am

I looked it up and it said 15-19 years. I’m surprised honestly, I thought 15 was long. I’ve never had a cat longer than 8 years but that’s because they were outdoor cats.

June 29, 2007 at 9:36 am

I think the longest we’ve had a bunny was about 15 years. Our bunnies are always indoor bunnies.

June 29, 2007 at 9:38 am

It’s a controversy, our cats may not live as long but man how much they love running around outside. We live in a good area for that except there are a lot of other animals to hurt them.

7. BIL

June 29, 2007 at 10:04 am

Thanks for the post & pic Robin, it’s much appreciated. :unsure:

— Siggie’s Dad

8. Geeky Dragon Girl

June 29, 2007 at 11:06 am

I suppose your directions could be worse. They could be somehting like:

1. Take a left where that old theater used to be.
    2. Drive past that tacky house with the flamingos in the lawn. I’m not sure if those things are still there.
    3. Make a right at Mr. Johnston’s house. Remember him?
    4. When you see that broken down car with the flat tires, you know you’re there.

June 29, 2007 at 11:08 am

BIL – Of course.

GDG – Yeah, that’s kind of sad. The ideas I came up with were for different places I lived. You don’t need to drive by the dump of a house to get here anymore.

10. themuttprincess

June 29, 2007 at 11:12 am

RIP Sigmund.

My directions are just as bad. I TRY. I really TRY to get exact street names and left and right. I even try to throw in a couple of landmarks to help.

And -people still get lost…

Sigh.

11. Leanne

June 29, 2007 at 11:30 am

Aww Gemini, I’m so sorry for your loss. Sigmund was beauuuutiful. {{hugs}}

June 29, 2007 at 3:29 pm

That’s a pet peeve – bad directions. I give perfect directions so that whether or not you look at landmarks, street signs, or mileage, you’ll find it.

13. Heather B

June 29, 2007 at 4:42 pm

Yea those are pretty bad, definitially make me feel better about the directions i give 🙂

14. jenny

June 29, 2007 at 4:46 pm

Geeky Dragon girl, those are the exact directions to my neighbors house, how id you know?

15. MisstressM

June 29, 2007 at 5:23 pm

I am so sorry about your kitty. Those little furry monsters are always full attitude and love.

16. Stephanie

June 29, 2007 at 7:27 pm

Paired with my horrible sense of direction, your direction giving, I’d picture me at the bottom of a lake in no time flat!

June 29, 2007 at 7:36 pm

Mistress M – Furkids are interesting creatures.

Stephanie – Those aren’t actual directions although I did once live right next to a house that was basically a place where people just dumped trash. It was awful. Gemini lived there too.

18. Gemini