Top 5 Disturbing Movies
I haven’t done a Top 5 in a while and you know my opinion is of the highest caliber. As you know I like dark movies so here are the darkest of them all.
Beware: If you want to go see any of these because I tempted you do NOT blame me if you develop emotional problems afterwards
5. The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover – Just bizarre, that’s about all I can say. I rented this movie because my parents told me how weird it was. I thought it would be more sexual since it was rated NC-17 but there wasn’t much interesting that I remember. All I know is, penis really isn’t something I consider a delicacy but what do I know?
4. Gummo – A documentary about white trash? As far as I remember that’s what this movie was about. A bunch of idiots killing cats and selling their mentally disabled daughter for sex. The ending scene just really tied it all in for me, it still gives me chills. Do NOT eat that candy bar!
3. Pink Flamingos – My parents saw this movie in college in the theater and I searched for this my whole life because they said it was the most disgusting thing they’d ever seen. Not many movies stand the test of time but this one sure does as it’s just as fucked up as the day it came out. Ok, so maybe some parts are slightly more tame but I think the home movie quality of the film adds a harshness to it. I consider this a movie everyone needs to see even if just to shake them up a little bit.
2. Happiness – This goes at #2 for me because I seriously watched this movie with my mouth gaping open in horror. It was SO dark and twisted at ever single turn. A creepy guy who liked to make prank phone calls while he jerked off, a normal father with pedophile tendencies and a bunch more.
1. Eraserhead – There is an alien baby, little cooked chickens oozing blood, and some weird little lady singing in a radiator. Is that sperm falling on her? This is beyond strange but it’s like nothing that has ever been made or probably ever will be.
Don’t forget to contribute to the Erik & Robin Questionnaire. Dig deep into your souls and give us whatever you got.