Movie Snob Speaks Again

Stole this from Avitable but I am not going to include movies I have not seen, that’s another list entirely. It’s actually pretty hard for me to think of movies I hate because I really do try to avoid really bad movies.

Top 5 Worst Movies

5. Showgirls -I just can’t watch this movie, I’ve never been so uncomfortable by a plot and acting in my entire life. If I was in this movie I’d go into hiding.
4. There’s Something About Mary – I was told this would be funny, it wasn’t.
3. The Waterboy – Everyone I went with loved this movie and I felt dumber having watched it. I don’t like most Adam Sandler movies like this and I find them embarrassing to watch. I did a review on this for my college paper and titled it “Why nobody ever made a movie about a waterboy before.”
2. Dumb and Dumber – Annoying as fucking hell :annoyed: I hated this so much and the bathroom scene almost made me leave the theater.
1. The Pest – I walked out in the middle of this movie I hated it so much. My friends thought I was offended by the Jewish jokes but I wasn’t, I don’t like watching diarrhea on screen.

On a side note: While I was researching bad movies I found that Robert Ebert had The Usual Suspects on his list of worst movies. I have now decided officially he knows nothing about movies.

June 6, 2007 at 9:27 am

I only listed movies that I had seen, as well.

For some reason, Waterboy, Something about Mary, and Dumb and Dumber are movies I can watch – I don’t laugh uproariously at them, but I still watch them and chuckle.

Something About Mary was hilarious in the theaters, but once everyone hyped it up, it was a bit harder to like, I think.

Roger Ebert is a retard, and always has been.

2. themuttprincess

June 6, 2007 at 10:27 am

I have never seen Showgirls or The Pest… But now will avoid them.

I liked The Waterboy…. not enough to watch it 100 more times, but it was ok. I thought that Dumb and Dumber was alright–never saw the 2nd one cuz that one looked just stupid!

3. Geeky Dragon Girl

June 6, 2007 at 11:36 am

I didn’t see Showgirls until years after all the hype and bad press and all I ever heard was how horribly awful it was. I watched it… and didn’t hate it! The acting definitely left something to be desired, but I didn’t think it was as unwatchable as everyone said. Besides, how can you say no to boobies? :robin:

Everyone I know absolutely loved Something About Mary. As much as I like Cameron Diaz, I found this movie really annoying and not that funny at all. So you’re in good company.

The Waterboy… what a retarded character he played. I hated this movie about as much as Happy Gilmore and that other one where he plays a grown-up moron trying to graduate from elementary school.

Strangely, I rather enjoyed Dumb and Dumber… not sure why… the characters are supposed to be stupid, and they were, but in an honest simple-minded way that was almost endearing. I dunno, I was just surprised that I liked it as much as I did.

June 6, 2007 at 11:42 am

Avi – I suppose I just have really high standards 😎

TMP – I think I just had dumb comedy, except Tommy Boy…that’s the only exception.

GDG – I found that the :robin: didn’t make up for the lack of acting, lack of plot and lack of talent this movie had. The dancing itself made me shudder, they looked like they were having seizures.

June 6, 2007 at 12:50 pm

The Waterboy was dumb. I liked Mary in the theater but probably wouldn’t watch it again, and I watched Showgirls just for the boobies. The other two I haven’t seen.

Those were really nice boobies.

Really nice.

6. Kery

June 6, 2007 at 4:42 pm

Eep, Dumb & Dumber has a quite appropriate name, doesn’t it? I saw it when it went out in theaters in France, some good… was it 12 years ago? I must admit it was because we had really cheap prices in theaters on that day (it cost something like 30 cents to see one movie after you had bought a sort of ‘pass’!) and we were bored, having seen all the movies that we wanted to see at first. That was pretty awful. All in bad taste, and not even funny. Give me Jim Carrey in a serious movie à la Truman Show, this fits him so much better.

7. heather(anne)

June 6, 2007 at 6:40 pm

I agree with all except Mary. I LOVE that movie and have seen it a million times.

June 6, 2007 at 7:21 pm

Fab – They weren’t that great :rolleyes:

Heather Anne – I must have missed something, what about it was funny?

9. jenny

June 7, 2007 at 12:01 am

Are you against all potty humor, or was it an isolated case with Dumb and Dumber?

You know what is worse than D&D? They made a sequel- and people watched it!

10. Friglet

June 7, 2007 at 12:57 am

Out of your entire list, I’ve only seen “There’s Something About Mary”. I did think it was funny. Especially the dog scene. 😉

11. jane

June 7, 2007 at 1:35 am

I don’t like Adam Sandler either. He just seems so stupid & unfunny in everything I’ve ever watched him in.
    1 of the worst movies I ever saw was Lost in Translation. It won awards, but when I watched it, I kept waiting for the movie to get to the good stuff. Then it ended.

12. jane

June 7, 2007 at 1:36 am

OMG I’m a prude? And what’s the 51 for? (hopefully not a 51/50) *gasp*

June 7, 2007 at 8:20 am

Kery – Yeah, dumb jokes just don’t do it for me…I need substance.

Jenny – Mostly, yeah…makes me sick to my stomach.

Friglet – I didn’t get it :eyebrow:

Jane – Even in his best roles he still seems so uncomfortable as an actor. I don’t dislike him but I rarely find him funny. I don’t know what a 51/50 is but it’s how many posts you’ve had on my blog.