Look at My Crack

• How does one deal with a swarm of mosquitoes? They are everywhere and I’m worried about when we start to have people visit, our place is the kind of place you hang out outside not inside. They are sneaking inside too and terrorizing us. We’re contemplating a mosquito magnet :rolleyes:
  • Has anyone watched the show The Riches? I’m not sure I know anyone who watched it but it’s a damn good show. Just about anything FX makes seems to be kickass.
  • Speaking of FX, my dirty little whore of a show Nip/Tuck is back this fall.
  • I have a big ol crack in my window that appeared out of nowhere and I really need to get it taken care of.
  • I had a dream that I was engaged to one of my ex’s and I found out he was seeing a guy on the side. I got really upset and told him he had to pay me back ½ of the cost of the wedding we’d planned :eyebrow:
  • Did I mention I’ve thought a few of the guys I’ve seen in my past were gay, although one of them I was sure was gay is now married to a woman and they have a kid.
  • We watched The Secret last night, it was really good.  I don’t mean good like a good movie but the concept was really enlightening.  See, I’m going to get enlightened and then nobody is going to like me anymore :fu:

May 30, 2007 at 10:27 am

That’s ridiculous!

No one likes you now.

2. Stephanie

May 30, 2007 at 11:16 am

Don’t listen to Fab… we all LOVE you (and will forever and ever, enlightened or not) :clap:

3. Geeky Dragon Girl

May 30, 2007 at 11:53 am

Citronella seems to be a good natural repellant for insects. I’ve seen citronella candles, but I’m not sure how effective they are. Another alternative is to buy some citronella essential oil, mix a little into a spray bottle with water, and spray that around entrances (shake it up really well before spraying since the oil doesn’t mix with the water well). It’s better than spraying chemicals all over, and safe for pets too.

May 30, 2007 at 12:05 pm

Robin knows I love her like no other. In fact, just recently I bestowed a gift upon her 😎

5. J.

May 30, 2007 at 12:08 pm

Do you have cedars on your property? They LOVE cedars. Standing water is a big nono too.
    I say fog your property and buy a buglight, but I’m nasty like that because I hate those little f*ckers.

6. J.

May 30, 2007 at 12:10 pm

I’m still a virgin! :nana:

7. themuttprincess

May 30, 2007 at 12:46 pm

I HATE those lil blood suckers. We fog the outside of our property… Marigolds sometimes help with repelling as well.

And if you get anymore enlightened I for sure will like you less.

May 30, 2007 at 12:55 pm

The plain template is back now. This is really messing with my head.

And I think I wet myself.

Yep. I did.

May 30, 2007 at 1:10 pm

Fab – You don’t fool me, you love me to pieces. I know, the template is being a pisser.

Stephanie – Well I of course love you more…I’ve had drinks with you and that always puts you at the top of my list.

J. – I probably do, I live in the woods basically. We have all animals and bugs…what was I thinking? I’m still waiting to see a moose.

TMP – Well I might like you less too :tongue:

10. themuttprincess

May 30, 2007 at 1:19 pm

When you get enlightened you will like me less… How compassionate.

I was being sarcastic… I suppose it is hard for you to see what I hear in my head… No changes in pitches in my voice. OR my eyes rolling.

Since you are getting enlightened maybe we will have to work on telepathy?!

11. Stephanie

May 30, 2007 at 1:30 pm

Martini buddies 4eva!!! :rock:

12. jenny

May 30, 2007 at 2:25 pm

I have a mosquito net tent thingy. A person can walk around in it, put a table and chairs in it, or whatever. It came in really handy when my son was a baby because I could go outside to get fresh air without getting eaten to bits. I hate bugs. You can probably get one at home depot or a camping type store. Ours was a wedding gift.

May 30, 2007 at 2:33 pm

I do love you. One day you will look out your window and I will be there with a boombox.

May 30, 2007 at 2:39 pm

TMP – Well I doubt I’ll ever stop being sarcastic so I think we’ll be good.

Stephanie – :rock: :martini: :robin:

Jenny – That might be good for our bed, lately the little buggers are coming after us in our sacred place.

Fab – That is the funniest fucking thing I’ve heard in a long time :lmfao: I gave him my heart and he gave me a postcard.

May 30, 2007 at 3:22 pm

You watched The Secret? Retch.

And get Citronella – a few of those candles or torches and you’ll be fine.

16. Geeky Dragon Girl

May 30, 2007 at 4:22 pm

One of the nice things about living in a place as dry as LA is there are much fewer bugs. I may have reptilian skin because of it, but I hardly ever get bitten!

17. Geeky Dragon Girl

May 30, 2007 at 4:26 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention — Love the post title! It really CRACKED me up, ha ha hahaaaa! I’m so funny. :dunce:

May 30, 2007 at 4:52 pm

Wait, I didn’t finish. I would be outside with a boombox…and then I would toss it through your window.

No I wouldn’t.

I want my underwear back, though.

19. Geeky Dragon Girl

May 30, 2007 at 5:01 pm

You wouldn’t do that because it would be a waste of a perfectly good boombox. Make sure it’s one of those big square ones from the 80s!

May 30, 2007 at 7:10 pm

Avi – I don’t think someone who listens to Avril should talk :gemini:

GDG – Glad I put a smile on your face 😀

Fab – You aren’t getting your underwear back…they are comfy.

GDG – I can’t help but wonder if he could really throw it that high and far.

May 30, 2007 at 7:57 pm

Avril is good music!

And you watched The fucking Secret! It doesn’t get worse than that.

May 30, 2007 at 8:29 pm

Ok, I’ll leave Avril alone…don’t get your panties in a bunch.

23. janet

May 30, 2007 at 9:17 pm

See, I couldn’t get in to The Riches. I wanted to. I really did. I love Eddie and I like Minnie, too. I think initially though it bothered me that they picked two actors who decidedly did NOT have country accents to play the white trash leads. That and the fact that five or so episodes in, I was gravely bored. So I gave up. Don’t hate:(

24. janet

May 30, 2007 at 9:18 pm

Hey! Why am I the prude?!

25. themuttprincess

May 30, 2007 at 10:53 pm

I think that enlightenment is a state of mind….

26. Friglet

May 31, 2007 at 12:40 am

I love Nip/Tuck! When is it coming back on?! I wonder if Rosy is going to be on it again this season. What with all of the free time she has now….

27. J.

May 31, 2007 at 8:04 am

She’s said she’ll be on three (or 4?) episodes.
    I loved her on Nip/Tuck. Too funny.

May 31, 2007 at 9:02 am

Janet – I think we just got caught up in the suspense and I really like Eddie a lot. I think the show reminds me a little of Big Love.
    You are a prude because there is a new rating system by how many posts you’ve done.

TMP – Pretty much, I’m a long ways off.

Friglet – It’s back in the fall.

J. – I like Rosie on it too, she adds a bizarre humor to the show.

29. heather(anne)

May 31, 2007 at 11:16 am

My father in law gave us the movie “The Secret” last year. We make it a point to watch it at least once a month. I have the book too.

May 31, 2007 at 11:19 am

I’m glad I’m not the only one, I’ve got stickies around with things to remind me of positive thoughts. I’m also going to start a gratitude journal. Feels cheesy but I’m such a negative person, it can’t hurt.

31. Geeky Dragon Girl

May 31, 2007 at 11:37 am

I’ve never heard of The Secret. What is this movie about?

May 31, 2007 at 11:44 am

It’s about thinking positive and receiving positive things and same with negative things. If I keep thinking “My boobs are too big” they will not get smaller, hence why they still kill. It sounds strange but you’d have to watch it. Erik thought it was cheesy until he realized he does this kind of thing everyday and he gets a lot of good luck.

33. Geeky Dragon Girl

May 31, 2007 at 11:51 am

It does sound interesting… I might have to add it to my queue. I do believe in the power of positive thinking. Self-fulfilling prophecies do happen more than people think.

May 31, 2007 at 11:54 am

It makes sense if you watch it and take it seriously. It made me remember how I used to think about the guy I would eventually find that would be the love of my life and I think I was thinking about Erik all along. That’s for another post another day though. It’s all about simply not thinking negative thoughts even: why can’t I lose weight? but instead thinking I have lost weight.