400 Days

Today marks 400 days until the wedding :what: and btw I know this because of a little countdown thingy I added to my google homepage :rock:

Why is it 400 days doesn’t seem like much? If I think about it this way…

It’s 400 days I have to lose ½ my ass.

It’s 400 days until I get to be strapped into a dress that most likely cuts off most of my oxygen.

It’s 400 days that I have to explain to my father what a wedding is and why it requires a DJ and a photographer.

It’s 400 days until I get to take a xanax and walk down the isle.

It’s 400 days until I get to humiliate my entire family by the song choice for when they walk into the reception 👿

It’s 400 days (or a few more) until I go on my honeymoon 😉

Any others you can think of?

————————————

:winner: Vox question of the day:

If you were to bring back a show or a movie but have them all as senior citizens which would it be and why?

I think I would opt to see this scenario in action with the John Hughes classic “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. I’d like to see how Ferris turned out, what really happened between he and Sloane, and how messed up Cameron would be by the age of Social Security. Also, I’d like to believe that Mr. Rooney (the school principal) continued to be Ferris’ chief foil, and the school secretary would be a riot by age 90 or so. Yeah, that would be pretty kick ass. At the rate Hollywood’s going, I’m surprised a remake or reunion film isn’t already in the works.

May 18, 2007 at 8:17 am

I’d like to see a Ferris Bueller’s Day Off when they’re all middle-aged, and they’re skipping work, although as senior citizens, that would be cool, too.

Otherwise, I’d rather watch young actors than senior citizens, so I don’t know that there’s any show or movie I can think of.

May 18, 2007 at 9:52 am

It’s 401 days until the countdown to your second marriage! :thumbsup:

3. Geeky Dragon Girl

May 18, 2007 at 11:33 am

400 days until you realize eloping would make everything so much simpler. And cheaper. Aren’t people supposed to look forward to their weddings? If you’re dreading it, the wedding was never for you. That’s the way I see it. In most cases weddings are for the benefit of other people. My sister was already living with her boyfriend, but she was tired of all the shit my mom kept giving her about it (she’s very old fashioned). So they got married before graduating from college. Totally not necessary, but it got the parents off her back.

May 18, 2007 at 11:49 am

Avi – I don’t know, I think it would be humerous to see some movies or shows as elderly…like Friends.

Fab – Funny.

GDG – Honestly, I mostly kid…I’m enjoying the preparation. The only thing that regularly annoys me is my parents and how much we butt heads. This is 75% for Erik and I, no question about it. I’m excited to share it all with family I haven’t seen in a long time and have a BIG fancy party! Do I have to have this? No. Do I want to do this? Yes.

May 18, 2007 at 11:50 am

I am SO with Geeky. You know my policy on this. Elope! Fly! Be free!

6. Geeky Dragon Girl

May 18, 2007 at 11:58 am

As long as the majority of the reasons behind the Big Day are for the two of you, then that’s all that matters.

May 18, 2007 at 12:25 pm

If you really knew me, like for a long time and in person, you would know I do things my way and no other way. I do tend to like to make others happy but generally not my family.

8. themuttprincess

May 18, 2007 at 2:13 pm

Robin,

400 days is over a year… You have plenty of time.. Just don’t procastinate!!!

I have already been married, and had the whole special wedding. IF I ever got married it would be by eloping. Period. But that is me, and it is only (probably) because I have already had the whole shebang for the wedding… ya know.

9. Tara

May 18, 2007 at 4:44 pm

You’re gonna need a xanax to walk down the aisle???

10. Joefish

May 18, 2007 at 9:36 pm

I could swear I commented on this post earlier. Did I get spamboxed?

May 18, 2007 at 9:46 pm

TMP – I know I know…I’m sure once it’s over I’ll never want to do it again…like childbirth.

Tara – I have a little social phobia and tend to have anxiety attacks.

Joe – I haven’t found anything :crazy:

12. Tara

May 19, 2007 at 4:46 pm

Interesting. I’m shy, and have struggled with anxiety, too, but didn’t need one for the walk down the aisle. The adrenaline kept me going! 🙂

May 19, 2007 at 5:12 pm

Maybe I’ll be fine, I’m just assuming since I have anxiety attacks in those kind of situations.

14. Kentucky Girl

May 22, 2007 at 3:31 am

Oh, you’ll TOTALLY pull it all off with flying colors! :clap: :mryoda:

15. Scott

June 29, 2007 at 1:26 pm

Oh boy, if you feel this way 400 days out… I would hate to see you on your Wedding Day!

June 29, 2007 at 2:15 pm

I’m really not stressed at all, I’m enjoying the preparation.