Locally Delightful

I got tagged by Heather Anne…bugger.

The Rules:
1. Add a direct link to your post below the name of the person who tagged you. Include the state and country you’re in.
2. List out your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location (locally).
3. Tag 5 other people (preferably from other countries/states) and let them know they’ve been tagged.

State = Massachusetts

1. Il Fornos – A little Italian place in Fitchburg that has the best Italian food ever. It’s very quaint and romantic in a non-over-the-top kind of way. Make sure to bring a bottle of wine if you want liquor, they don’t serve any.
2. JP O’Hanlons – A great Irish pub in Ayer, they make great cosmos :martini: and it has a great ambiance. I just love going there even if the food isn’t at the top of my list but it’s good.
3. Village Pizza – They make the best hamburger I’ve ever had and they make the best salads too. It is located in Shirley which is where our first apartment was and we literally only had to walk like 20 steps to get to it.
4. Bueno Y Sano – A little Mexican restaurant in Amherst, MA where Erik brings me home these fresh black bean soft tacos which are heaven on earth. I can’t express to you how great this place is!!!
5. Chopsticks – This is obviously a Chinese restaurant and it’s located in Leominster near the mall. This place has my favorite Chinese dish – Garlic Shrimp and it’s to die for. I think everything I’ve ever had there has been delicious but we rarely go because it’s not in a convenient area for us…and Erik hates Chinese food.

Previous Players:

Tagged: Gemini, Frankie, Stephanie, Heather B, and The Mutt Princess

—————–

Oh and I’ve lost 3 lbs! This is such exciting news for me since it’s been years since I’ve really lost any weight at all. I feel good :buff:

1. Frankie

May 12, 2007 at 10:34 am

Evil Evil little woman you are. :nana:

Ok Ok I guess I can give this one a try.

May 12, 2007 at 10:47 am

You know, you are supposed to try to pick people from diverse geographic locations.

3. themuttprincess

May 12, 2007 at 11:54 am

Congrats on the 3 lbs!!! Seeing/feeling what you are working on happening always feels great!

You want me to list resturants? Gosh. Ok. LOL 😉

May 12, 2007 at 12:01 pm

Frankie Go for it :clap:

Avi – I know but I figured this way I could find out other good restaurants around here.

TMP – Thanks!!

5. heather(anne)

May 12, 2007 at 1:37 pm

That’s awesome about the 3 pounds! :clap:

6. jane

May 12, 2007 at 3:17 pm

LOL I like your reasoning for tagging locals. Congratulations on the 3 lbs. That is exactly how you want to lose weight, a little at a time. :thumbsup:

7. Nicole

May 12, 2007 at 7:04 pm

:clap: job well done… JP O’Hanlons looks like a place for me..i love irish pubs…yummy

Ps thanks for doing the tag. If you know of anyone else doing it please feel free to send me a message and I’ll update them too on the updated list of tag doers

8. stephanie

May 12, 2007 at 9:02 pm

I guess this means I’ll have to blog this weekend :what:

Thanks for the tag, girl!

And congrats on the three pounds! I was there with ya, until I had a first communion party to attend today… I ate and ate and ate!!! Tomorrow is gonna be a nightmare!

May 13, 2007 at 11:09 am

Heather Anne – :rock:

Jane – See, you understand me.

Nichole – No problem, I love love Irish pubs.

Stephanie – Well I love being your inspiration for pointless posts.

10. velverse

May 13, 2007 at 11:42 pm

Il Fornos sounds sweet and nice. Yeah… I love some romantic places.. but not too overly done. At times too much of something spoils everything.

Okay… Bueno Y Sano sounds good too… since I rarely tried Mexican food.

Hehehe.. thanks for your recommendations and for doing the tag.
    Have a nice day

May 14, 2007 at 7:58 am

Velverse – I hope you enjoy!

12. Geeky Dragon Girl

May 14, 2007 at 11:25 am

Nothing like finally seeing some progress to motivate you to get even more progress. Good job!!

He hates Chinese food? But… but… WHY??

May 14, 2007 at 11:43 am

He thinks it’s too greasy and fatty.

14. Geeky Dragon Girl

May 14, 2007 at 12:22 pm

What?? He’s nuts. Chinese food is healthier than most other cuisines. However this does NOT include fast food. Fast food anything is going to be greasy and fatty. If he were to sample some of my mom’s cooking (real chinese food) he would soon change his opinion.

May 14, 2007 at 1:10 pm

I know he means the fast food but there isn’t much else of Chinese around us. He’s actually been to China twice so he knows what the food should be like. He also loves Tai, Indian and all that weird stuff I don’t like.