Dance Songs

I don’t want to post about this on my actual wedding blog because I want as much to be a surprise for everyone as I can. I am, however, having a tough time thinking of songs. I started putting together a list for the DJ (he asked for it) and a couple things I’m kind of stuck on.

Father/Daughter Dance
I’m not very close with my father so those lovey dovey songs just won’t work with us. No Butterfly Kisses :rolleyes:

I was thinking of maybe a James Taylor song or a Beatles Song, maybe In My Life. I think my dad is a pretty good dancer but I don’t think I’ve danced with him since I was like 12 or something.

Bride/Groom Dance
We have our song, Everlong by the Foo Fighters and I can’t really imagine using any other song but that. Problem is the version we’d use would be the acoustic one and it’s with a guitar, not exactly a song to slow dance to.

Other songs I’d love for us are Home by Michael Buble, Just the Way You Are by Billy Joel and The Blower’s Daughter that you would know from the movie Closer.

Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated.

—————————

Private post up – sorry…my mind is going 100 mph today.

1. themuttprincess

May 11, 2007 at 12:45 pm

I like the father/daughter dance song (in my life)… Great idea. I understand what you mean, I would be almost uncomfortable dancing with my dad… but not since he is after all dad…..

Call and Answer
    – Barenaked Ladies– this is a nice calm/slow/romantic song….

Shoot.,…. Lemme think and I will see what I can come up with.. I listen to mostly country and older music…

Hmmmmm

2. themuttprincess

May 11, 2007 at 12:49 pm

Kinda gimmicky as all hell but “have I told you lately that I love you” Rod Stewart..
    Or old school

” I got you babe” Sonny and Cher

OR

“I will always love you” Whitney Houston.. (kinda even more gimmicky)

3. Gemini

May 11, 2007 at 12:53 pm

I think that you should dance to Everlong with him… If that is your song then that is what you should dance too…

the other choice for would be Home… I love that song.. ((sigh)) :love:

As for songs to dance with your dad… I think that “In my life” is good but I stick with the one that I told you about a couple of weeks back… “Sunrise Sunset” It is from Fiddler on the roof.

4. Geeky Dragon Girl

May 11, 2007 at 1:28 pm

When I read “Dance Songs” I was thinking, “Oh cool I know lots of groovy dance songs!” Then I read that it was for wedding dances. Oh. Um, I’m useless there. I hate weddings.

5. Joefish

May 11, 2007 at 1:30 pm

What about maybe Clapton’s “Wonderful Tonight?”

I always wanted to have really sarcastic songs at my wedding, like:

The Ramones – I Wanna Be Sedated

Nine Inch Nails – Happiness In Slavery

The Beatles – Help!

Todd Rundgren – Love Stinks

Ugly Kid Joe – I Hate Everything About You

Puddle of Mudd – She Hates Me

etc, etc.

This may be why we’re not having music.

May 11, 2007 at 1:33 pm

TMP – Those songs are really too loveydovey for my dad and I. Call and Answer…you do realize that is kind of a negative relationship song right?

But I’m warning you, don’t ever do
    those crazy, messed up things that you do
    If you ever do
    I promise you I’ll be the first to crucify you
    Now it’s time to prove that you’ve come back here
    To Rebuild

But I do love that song as I love BNL :rock:

Gemini – I’m wondering if Erik and his bro could somehow record their own version…that would be fucking amazing :heartbeat: I need to listen to Sunrise Sunset.

GDG – Sorry about that…I do have a lot of opinions on dance songs. I personally love “You Can Do It” by Ice Cube :robin:

May 11, 2007 at 1:44 pm

How about “Unforgettable”?

May 11, 2007 at 1:50 pm

Joefish – Even Wonderful Tonight seems too typical somehow :dunno: And how I would love to just do a goof for this song but even that would be weird.

Avi – Eh, not a fan of that song.

This sucks…

What about the songs:

Nothing’s Gonna Change My World
    Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

May 11, 2007 at 2:28 pm

Private post up – explains a little more.

10. themuttprincess

May 11, 2007 at 3:01 pm

I guess that part of the song escaped me. LOL Figures. Any sappy songs can be played in the middle as filler songs.. People love to slow dance… Ya know.. LOL