Baby Got Dress

I don’t have a lot to say today, I’m kind of wiped out and there is still a lot of stuff I want to get done today before Erik’s bday dinner. I want to start putting down the tile, it’s not like it’s hard to put down vinyl :dunno:

I went gown shopping yesterday and it went surprisingly well. I actually found 2 gowns I liked a lot! I’m still not done looking, I want to try every angle to find the perfect dress. It was actually the first dress and the last dress yesterday that were amazing and they were very similar.

In case Erik reads this post I really can’t post a picture but maybe I’ll put a private post just of that. It’s not a great picture since it was taken in a changing room with a cameraphone. I’m still happy though, I didn’t feel like a huge cake in these dresses, I felt sexy and sophisticated (as Gemini put it).

I must add that KK and Gemini were such huge helps during the day! They were honest and understood what I liked and what I just didn’t like. I feel good about this, really good.

Oh and we hung out with BIL and his wifey (Gemini) all night. We even did some karaoke from On Demand. I think maybe I can convince to redo Baby Got Back with Gemini for a youtube oneday, we’ll see 😀

Some bad karaoke:

[audio:http://www.roadlessunraveled.com/audio/0428072045a.wav]

Karaoke (right click and save to your computer)

April 29, 2007 at 1:43 pm

Why can’t Erik see it? Are you really sticking to that superstition? My wife bought the first dress she tried on because she loved it, and she brought it home and showed me.

April 29, 2007 at 1:50 pm

Fuck tradition, I just want to surprise him on that day. We have so few surprises with each other anymore, I tell him everything.

April 29, 2007 at 1:51 pm

Well, that’s a good reason. I thought it was because of that tradition shit.

4. Gemini

April 29, 2007 at 1:52 pm

I think that some things should be a surprise… Erik will be blown away at how beautiful that she looks walking down the “isle”

No worries Ro I will have the Kleenex ready for him… 😉

The vocal stying of the “Grausam” Clan! :rock: “We’ve only just begun…”

April 29, 2007 at 1:54 pm

Avitable – Do I seem traditional?

I’m not using any of the typical wedding songs for going down the isle, I doubt mine has ever been used. I’m not doing the garder shit. I’m having :omg: dark red for my color even though it’s summer 😀 I’m not hiding my tattoo :tongue:

Gemini – Yeah, he needs a few surprises from me. He’ll probably cry so hard we’ll have to stop the wedding to calm him down :whack:

April 29, 2007 at 1:57 pm

Nah, you don’t seem traditional – that’s why it surprised me. Your wedding sounds like it will be interesting and fun!

7. Gemini

April 29, 2007 at 1:59 pm

🙁 I am sure that he and I will make a great pair… lol :help:

I cry at every wedding that I go to… I know total sap :doh:

8. Gemini

April 29, 2007 at 2:01 pm

I thought that you would be coming to the wedding Avi :unsure:

April 29, 2007 at 2:01 pm

Avitable – Yeah, if there is one thing Erik and I are, it’s unique. Music is a big deal to us, we already have a string quartet that are friends of his and hopefully we can get a friend-of-the-family DJ.

Gemini – I cried at yours but I was way in the back, good thing cause I was sniffling and stuff. I almost wanted to bolt just so I didn’t make so much noise.

April 29, 2007 at 2:02 pm

If I’m invited, I might. It could be a good excuse to go up North for a weekend. I don’t own pants, though, so that could be a problem.

11. Gemini

April 29, 2007 at 2:05 pm

That would be cool! :rock:

12. J.

April 29, 2007 at 11:48 pm

Okay, it might sound cliche, but I swear to God girl, when you put on THE gown, you are so going to know it. There’s no mistaking it. Honest.
    I’m pretty sure I tried on almost 30 of the damned things, and had a list of about 4 of them that I’d liked, and then all of a sudden, tried on THE one, and that was it.
    When you bff gasps when you walk out, that’s a clue. *wink*

I also just want to say that dresses, and bridal dresses are weird. What you think might look like crap on a hanger, will look magical on you. Have an open mind. :heartbeat:

13. Gemini

April 29, 2007 at 11:59 pm

You are soo right J I knew it the moment that I put it on….

And All I have to say is the dresses that she tried on were beautiful! :hug: I know that the last dress will be the one.. :thumbsup: