Why Not?

I could talk about the whole Imus thing but Mr. Fabulous has gone on enough for all of us :tongue: and he knows how I feel about it. Free speech is one thing but being an employee is another thing entirely.

I could talk about wedding stuff but it’s even annoying to myself at the moment.

I could talk more about my breasts but I can do that tomorrow.

I’d like to say a few words about my experience with Step It Up 2007 and what I got out of it. I want to say first I am really glad I went and I certainly don’t consider myself to be an environmental enthusiest but I certainly learned a lot. I like to learn, despite how it seems :dunce:

There were so many groups there with a wealth of information to share. I was informed about the Aubudon Society, Animal Rights Coalition, Vegan Outreach and Falun Gong. If you are curious about any of these please don’t hesitate to check out the links.

I also must say I had a great time traveling to Boston on the T (it’s been a while) and seeing such strange people walking around…maybe they are that strange where I live but then no stranger than me so it’s not that strange :eyebrow: It was great to hang out with the girls and talk about some stuff that we particularly had in common. We talked about our men, we talked about movies and we talked about the environment.

The way I see recycling and just making better environmental decisions is if you can do it, why not? At least for me it’s not very hard to recycle, in fact it’s easier to do it than to not do it. The more we recycle (which is free where I live) the less we have to pay to get rid of our trash. So, why not? Why dump more trash all over the earth when we can reuse so much of it? Sometimes it’s just logistics.

I’ll leave the rest to pictures and the websites I mentioned, enjoy (and here are some just from Boston)!

Impeach Bush Go Vegan Pass It On

1. Frankie

April 15, 2007 at 10:27 am

I love the DUCK!!!

Ohh and the piggy, cow, and chicken. All that gas people have must do a number on the ozone. :crazy:

Hope you had a good time. Good thing it wasn’t today.

April 15, 2007 at 10:55 am

Frankie – Yeah they were cute, I almost got a picture with them but didn’t.

The weather lately is a great example at how screwed up everything is.

3. Denise TN

April 15, 2007 at 11:10 am

As soon as I get out of school, I’m buying a hybrid! I’m not 100% sold on the global warming thing, but only because I haven’t spent much time researching it. What I have read about it does make sense.

April 15, 2007 at 12:16 pm

I can’t say I know as much as most do, I still have a lot to learn but it would make me feel a little better to help. Next car I get I’d like to get a hybrid or something too.

April 16, 2007 at 6:43 am

Why am I being blamed for nightmares?

And where are you, Gemini, and I all getting together for this “tied to a tree in the woods” thing?

I think somewhere in the Berkshires would be nice.

6. Krayzee Chickadee

April 16, 2007 at 8:59 am

You know what I heard about hybrids?? I heard that the way that they make the batteries for them causes more environmental damage than using a plain-old gasoline engine. And – just wait until you have to replace that battery (mucho $$)! I’d need to do more research, of course, but that (and the fact they don’t make a hybrid vehicle in the size that I need) makes me hesitant to get one. I’d be more inclined to use ethanol if they had it down here in the south….. my van will use it …. we did have it available in Iowa though.
    Loved the pics!!