Duckie Finally Wins
Duckie may not have won the girl in the end of Pretty in Pink but he won this poll :clap:
Which geek is more romantic?
- Duckie (44%)
- Mark (22%)
- Lloyd (11%)
- Noel (11%)
- Brian (11%)
- Ross (0%)
Total Votes: 9
Why is Duckie the ultimate romantic geek? Here are a list of reasons why:
- His only friend is a girl
- He rides his bike by her house all day long out of love
- He was willing to wait on the sidelines for her and be her friend
- He makes a fool out of himself everyday for her
- He showed up at the prom for her even though he knew she loved Blane “That’s an appliance it’s not a name!”
- He gave her up for her happiness
- He of course sang the Otis Redding song as a declaration of his love…and quite well I might add 😉
Here are some of his romantic lines:
May I admire you again today?
Duckie: What now?
Duckie: Yours or mine? Ours?
This is an incredibly romantic moment, and you’re ruining it for me!
:heartbeat:Well, that’s very nice. I’m glad. Well here’s… here’s the point, Andie. I’m not particularly concerned with whether or not you like me, because I live to like you and… and I can’t like you anymore. So… so when you’re feeling real low and… and dirty, don’t look to me to pump you back up ’cause… ’cause… ’cause maybe for the first time in your life I WON’T BE THERE! :heartbeat:
One more for good measure…this just shows what a geek he is:
Duckie: [as he is leaving Andies’ room with a juice box in hand] Drinking and driving don’t mix.
Duckie: That’s why I ride a bike.
And lastly…the video…for your pleasure. Sing it Duckie!!!