Learn To Romance Like a Geek

Are you not quite sure how to romance the girl you love? Are you a geek and just assume the romance should be left to the suave? Not true, just take tips from the romantic geeks of the film history past.

1. If the girl you love isn’t speaking to you just go pick up a 60 pound boom box, hold it over your head outside her window and play some 80’s love songLloyd from Say Anything…
  2. If the girl you love doesn’t see you as anything more than her geeky friend try showing up at the store she works at and dance around to an Otis Redding songDuckie from Pretty In Pink
  3. If she only knows you as the geeky guy who fawned over her all through high school then just make sure she sees a really embarrassing video of you when you were in high school when she first broke your heart, you can be sure she’ll feel nice and guilty – Ross from Friends
  4. If you are a Mac Geek who is up against a jock she moved across the country for then try staring into her eyes a lot making sweet but funny commentsNoel from Felicity
  5. If the girl you love would rather chase around a guy who has an IQ the same as his shoe size then write her a letter pretending to be him professing how much you love her and maybe she’ll be smart enough to figure out how great you are – Brian from My So-called Life
  6. If the woman you love is married to your best friend then just profess your love to her with cards while Christmas music plays and her husband has no idea. You probably won’t get her but at least she’ll be touched. (just for Watchdog) – Mark from Love Actually

Of course this means we have a new poill. I want to know who you think is the most romantic geek. You aren’t required to watch all these videos but it might help the voting process. Oh and whichever one wins I will post about next week.

I will do open voting without having to login but it would help if you mention who you voted for at least if you are just a guest.

March 1, 2007 at 8:23 am

#5 – Cyrano de Bergerac did it years before My So-Called Life. And he was quite a geek. Also see: Steve Martin in Roxanne as a remake of Cyrano.

March 1, 2007 at 8:25 am

Avitable – True but they weren’t as cute.

3. Teri

March 1, 2007 at 11:22 am

Ah, romance…I only have one person on my YahooIM and that would be my beloved. I send him emoticons all the time in our communication.

Unfortunately, he uses this tool for work and there are about 50 people who IM him throughout the day. I am at the top of the list however, and I am pretty sure I am the only one who sends him kissy faces!

4. Joefish

March 1, 2007 at 12:50 pm

I’ve got to go with Lloyd. Lloyd is my man. And so is Lloyd’s idiot cousin Rob from High Fidelity.

March 1, 2007 at 1:06 pm

Teri – I’m not entirely sure what you are talking about.

Joefish – I swear (and I don’t mean this in a bad way at all) in general you can describe a guy who’s romantic icon is Lloyd…except once but he just liked the idea of being like him and didn’t have any of the traits.

6. Geeky Dragon Girl

March 1, 2007 at 3:13 pm

I’m not voting. I know this thing is rigged and Lloyd is going to win, so 😛
    Love Actually is still better!

March 1, 2007 at 3:23 pm

GDG – Actually, I voted for Duckie. I just love a guy who will dance, sing and make a fool out of himself in the name of love :love:

March 1, 2007 at 6:37 pm

Gee whiz, ever since you got engaged you’ve gotten all girly and sensitive and shit.

Good thing you’re a Pisces or I’d have to kick your ass or something…

March 1, 2007 at 6:38 pm

Oh that’s it…I’m so getting you back tomorrow 👿

March 1, 2007 at 7:28 pm

I am torn between two responses.

1. Hey now, you can’t turn against a fellow Pisces! We must stand together!

2. Careful there, sweetheart, don’t break a nail *snicker*

March 1, 2007 at 7:30 pm

Oh I am on your side but that’s not going to stop me from exposing the truth of Mr. Fab. Oh yes, it will be sweet. If you weren’t a pisces I probably wouldn’t bother 😉

March 1, 2007 at 7:37 pm

The truth? About me being a huge douchebag? I think that’s already pretty common knowledge…

March 1, 2007 at 7:40 pm

Oh no, we all know that. This is something special.

I am bummed though that few people were interested in this post, everyone can bite m :whosnext:

March 1, 2007 at 7:52 pm

Well for what it is worth, I voted for Mark’s card show of love. I know you go all soft in your girly parts for “I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen.” but for my money Mr. Cusack put a pen to much greater use in Grosse Pointe Blank 🙂

March 1, 2007 at 7:53 pm

:crazy: You guys are funny, I didn’t even vote for Lloyd :annoyed:

16. Heather B

March 2, 2007 at 10:08 am

I want to vote but i was playing w/ your theme switcher and now im on a theme w/ no poll and no switcher lol

DUCKIE DUCKIE DUCKIE

17. NYC Watchdog

March 4, 2007 at 6:26 pm

Uh… where did the poll go???