Say Anything Wins

Which romantic movie is better?

• Say Anything… (64%)
  • Love Actually (36%)
  • Total Votes: 11

Ok so I gave Watchdog a chance to see which movie was loved more: Say Anything… or Love Actually. Obviously again Say Anything… won because it’s a classic and Love Actually is only a handful of years old. It’s too bad we didn’t bet though.

Anything has some of the best romantic scenes ever such as the boom box scene or the phone booth scene. Actually has some really great parts and that scene where the guy holds up the cards is truly beautiful but there are like 20,000 characters and you really don’t get to bond with any of them as much as you’d like to.

Still they are 2 of my favorite movies and I really can’t knock either of them. I can however knock Watchdog for thinking Actually would actually win because it’s fun when he’s so very wrong.

We can’t forget I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen.

—————–

On a side note, if anyone uses Netflix and would like to add me as a friend you can send it to hismuse @ gmail.com.  I have good taste in movies, as you can see.

1. Heather B

February 28, 2007 at 10:05 am

this was on encore the other night and because it has been years and years since i’ve seen it and i remember nothing but the radio over the head scene you know i put everything on hold to watch it…specially becausee of your little polls lol

2. NYC Watchdog

February 28, 2007 at 10:29 am

:surrender: Fine! I give! Personally I think the whole “must be registered” bit slowed my minions down… but that’s okay… it does have SOME good lines in it…

February 28, 2007 at 10:31 am

I only did that to make sure I knew who voted so there were no “guests” but whatever.

4. Joefish

February 28, 2007 at 11:23 am

Those numbers are exactly as they should be, as Say Anything is about twice the movie Love Actually is.

“Don’t be a guy, Lloyd. Be a man.”

February 28, 2007 at 11:33 am

I don’t need no steenkin’ poll. Love Actually is the superior film.

February 28, 2007 at 11:35 am

Joefish – you are my kind of guy.

Mr. Fab – You just don’t like it because you can’t hold that boom box over your head for a full song :tongue:

7. NYC Watchdog

February 28, 2007 at 12:30 pm

See… that’s the problem with Say Anything… it is defined by one singular moment… boom box over the head.

Love Actually is defined not by one, but by no less than five different moments. The Prime Minister Kiss, The Novel in the Pond, The Joanie Mitchell CD, Balancing Birds on the Balls, and of course the climactic Obliteration of Airport Security.

I think it is just anti-British sentiment because when was the last time you saw a successfully produced Canadian comedy? Eh?

8. Geeky Dragon Girl

February 28, 2007 at 12:43 pm

Yeah, I’m with NYC! The whole thing was rigged. I couldn’t vote and I couldn’t log in either. Cheaters.

Love Actually may have a lot of characters, but each story is engaging and if you don’t care for one, there are others to entertain you. You don’t get bored with one storyline because there are several, all of which are intertwined with each other. It’s one of my favorite movies of all time. I personally can’t remember Say Anything. Just because it’s old doesn’t mean it’s better.

February 28, 2007 at 12:48 pm

Watchdog – I never said I didn’t like that movie I just don’t think it surpases Say Anything. Lloyd is one of my favorite characters and the two of them had really good chemistry. I have nothing against the brittish and love just about any movie with Hugh or Colin…yum. That scene where the guy tells the girl he can’t have how much he loves her by cards is one of the best scenes but I wish I’d gotten to know the couple more. I thought the movie had a lot but it lacked a real interest in the characters.

GDG – I don’t know why you couldn’t get in, you should be registered :dunno: But no, old does not mean better but Say Anything to me was so much simpler and had this feel to it you don’t see anymore. Actually was a little too big and flashy. If I could redo the movie I’d take out like 4 of the storylines and just have the one with Colin, the unrequited love story and the little boy. I was a little disappointed by the Hugh story but I still love watching him.

February 28, 2007 at 1:00 pm

Robin–You know I heart you, but Watchdog and GDG speak the truth.

I hope this doesn’t affect my wedding party status…

February 28, 2007 at 1:03 pm

Mr. Fab – No, I still have a chartreuse gown with lace set aside for you.

12. NYC Watchdog

February 28, 2007 at 1:07 pm

Wedding Pary status?

I hope this doesn’t affect my bachelorette party status!!! I just got a six pack of socks from Babies ‘R’ Us for the event!!!

February 28, 2007 at 1:09 pm

Watchdog – Of course not, we still need a stripper.

14. NYC Watchdog

February 28, 2007 at 1:12 pm

Kewl! Me and my socks are there! :martini:

February 28, 2007 at 1:51 pm

Watchdog – We have some pretty fiesty girls, you might want to make sure that sock is securely attached.

16. NYC Watchdog

February 28, 2007 at 2:24 pm

I just got a good deal on some yarn… and I’ve been :buff: … so me no worry…

17. jane

February 28, 2007 at 9:10 pm

I voted for whichever one Dawg said to, but I’ve never heard of either one.