The Bagel Incident

This is what happens to me when I try to cut a bagel…someone is trying to tell me something. It had blood pouring out of it and luckily there was a nurse to help me.
The Bagel Incident

Here is the bandaging the nurse did just so you know she didn’t really do “stitches.”

Bandaged Up

1. Joefish

February 2, 2007 at 3:06 pm

I first saw the picture, then saw the title, then the text. When I was at the point where I’d absorbed the picture and title, but not the text, I assumed you cut yourself on a bagel.

Which just seemed wrong.

February 2, 2007 at 3:08 pm

I was cutting a bagel and then sliced my finger open. A nurse here stitched me up with tools from the medicine cabinet.

3. Joefish

February 2, 2007 at 3:31 pm

Stitched you?

You know how some people flip out at the sight of blood, or fear needles or whatever. Stitches give me the heebie jeebies.

I’m going to go hurl now.

February 2, 2007 at 3:33 pm

I guess this is what happens when you are wearing a brace on your arm.

Not real stitches…she just cut up some medical tape or whatever and put them over the cut to hold the wound together. I’ve only had stitches once I think and that was on my boobs. Ok…I’m going to a dark place here.

5. Heather B

February 2, 2007 at 9:25 pm

OUCH!!!

You need your mommie to kiss it and make it feel better

6. Jen

February 2, 2007 at 10:09 pm

Owie ow ow ow!!! I hope it heals quickly! No dish washing for you for a few days at least! :clap:

7. Gary

February 3, 2007 at 12:38 am

I am surprised that you don’t have one of those plastic bagle cutter dealies. I love bagels. You are making me hungry. I wish I had a toasted cranberry bagel right now. But it is too late to go get one. Maybe tomorrow. πŸ™‚

Have a nice weekend.

February 3, 2007 at 10:11 am

Denise – No kidding.

Heather B – Yeah…no mommy here to kiss it.

Jen – Now that’s a plus!

Maureen – I was at work so I use what they have. We don’t keep bagels at home.

Gary – Enjoy your bagel today.

February 3, 2007 at 11:31 am

I once tried to cut open a golf ball to see what was inside. I still have the scar.

10. Blueyes

February 4, 2007 at 2:44 am

that’ll teach you to cut a bagel open. Just rip em like me πŸ˜€

11. a feminist

February 4, 2007 at 8:39 am

Joefish, I’m with you on that one re: real stitches :yuck: Robin, good to hear you didn’t need them!

12. Krayzee Chickadee

February 4, 2007 at 7:27 pm

:omg: Hope you’re doing better by now.

:heartbeat: ya!

13. Critical Darling

February 4, 2007 at 8:32 pm

Wow. Ok, I’m from Canada, and here we have this anomoly called the CBC, which is both a radio and television station known for airing sometimes rather inane and sometimes rather provocative material. It depends on the day. On one particular roadtrip I took, there was this documentary about a recent epidemic flooding hospital emergency rooms. They called it…bagel hand.