A Nice Buzz Inspires Me

I went out for dinner tonight with an old, and very good, friend. We’d drifted apart for a while and tonight she came out to visit me. We went out to dinner and had a few :martini: and caught up on everything.

We’d lost tough so much and I had no idea how much I’d really missed her until tonight. She’s my bub who I had some of the most fun moments with and who I’ve had some of my best talks with. She’s never judged me and always listened to me. She’s is one of the best people I’ve ever known and I’m so disappointed in myself for not reaching out to her when I thought she’d left me behind.

We talked for so long and must have been at the restaurant for 3 hours. I had my doubts about the guy she’s been on and off with but I feel much differently now. In fact, our situations are startlingly similar and I wish I could have been there for her when she went through a lot of what I went through.

At the end of the night she told me that no matter where we are in life or what we are doing that we’ll always be able to come back together and be friends. She said she’d always be there for me and all I needed was to reach out. I told her the same and would visit her next time. I just told her to make sure to respond to emails now.

Also…with the alcohol and conversation I suddenly felt inspired. I think a light really came on. I think I know what I want to do for work…for real. Now to just really figure out exactly what it is and what I need to do to get there.

And Mistress Yoda must go now to ponder the meaning of life and drink some water.

1. Jen

January 27, 2007 at 8:46 pm

It’s always awesome to reconnect with friends! A true friend will be there for life!

2. Gary

January 27, 2007 at 11:30 pm

Congratulations on finding out what you want to do with your life. That isn’t easy. I know I never did it.

3. Heather B

January 28, 2007 at 12:50 am

i love those long talks with old friends…. drunk bloggin huh lol I’m actually thinking of opening up a bottle of wine that i have in the fridge

4. Janet

January 28, 2007 at 8:56 am

Reconnecting with old friends can be a lot of fun, and inspiring. It makes you think about things that were once important to you and let’s you reevaluate those things. Did losing sight of them along the way happen for a reason or is there a reason to go back to them?

Wow, all of this depth and all I drank was coffee! 🙂

5. Leanne

January 28, 2007 at 10:07 am

I’m so glad that worked out so well! I love hearing stories like that, it’s rejuvinating.

I’m excited to hear where you’ll be going, professionally. :hug:

January 28, 2007 at 11:24 am

A breakthrough evening! Very cool!

7. Mistress Yoda

January 28, 2007 at 2:25 pm

Jen – Yeah, it’s nice to remember that.

Gary – It was kind of obvious and I just didn’t see it before.

Heather B – I’m looking forward to a drunk blog from you :thumbsup:

Janet – We just kind of lost each other and it didn’t help that other friends kind of got in our way…if that makes sense. I had heard all these things and believed them about her before actually talking to her. I should have known better and I’ll be smarter next time.

Leanne – When I get a better idea of it all I will surely update everyone on it but right now it’s all a little jumbled.

Mr. Fab – Yeah, it was about time I had one.

8. Heather B

January 28, 2007 at 2:29 pm

LOL Robin, you wouldn’t understand a word i said in my post lol I can barely type as it is haha

9. Mistress Yoda

January 28, 2007 at 2:42 pm

Heather B – Well if I were really drunk that would be different for sure…I’ve done it before and about every 5th word is an actual word and the rest is gibberish…you have to decode it.