Rule #1

Rule #1 of blogging – Don’t go stalking other bloggers asking them why they stopped visiting your blog.

Let them go, if they come back they can stay on your blogroll and if not it was never meant to be.

You could try threatening or begging but you tend to end up on a blacklist that way :unsure:

January 22, 2007 at 3:52 pm

Yes, I can be :twitchy:

2. J.D.

January 22, 2007 at 5:50 pm

Hey Robin!

I would be one of the bloggers who strayed, but as usual, have returned.

Been pretty busy the past few months due to a promotion, and of course, the new baby.. who isn’t ‘new’ anymore, he’s 8 months now.

I’ve always tried to keep tabs on your site. About a month ago, I finally canceled my blog I was hosting with Godaddy (jd360.net).. I was just to busy, and hardly posted anything.

And what did I do a few days later? I got the itch to blog again.. but this time I went ‘free’, and started one over at wordpress.com for the time being (jdabqnm.wordpress.com).

Hope all is well with everyone! – J.D.

3. Gary

January 22, 2007 at 7:03 pm

:clap: If someone stops visiting my blog, I figure it is because they think I’m a weezer. 🙂

4. Geeky Dragon Girl

January 22, 2007 at 7:04 pm

I’ve had a couple people lament to me that they were dropped off my blogroll. I added them back on because I felt bad, then I dropped them again later because I don’t like to have blogs in my blogroll that I don’t really visit anymore. Would you believe one of them whined about it again? Very annoying. It was annoying the first time, and even more annoying the second time around! :poke:

January 22, 2007 at 7:22 pm

JD – :wave: stranger

Gary – You are a weezer :poke:

GDG – I don’t really care about the blogroll thing, who ever looks at it? I almost never look at people’s blogrolls. I just get sad when I visit a blog daily and then that blog never comments on mine…it’s silly and I admit it. I think it’s funny when I see I’m on someone’s blogroll and they’ve never once even commented here :confused:

6. jane

January 22, 2007 at 11:58 pm

That rule should be put in stone! Hmmm…there should be like a blogger’s 10 commandments, or something like that.
    I’ve never had anyone ask why I stopped visiting their blog. I have had a number of people ask why I removed them from my blogroll though. I used to put them back, but then like GDG I’d resent them & remove ’em anyways. I don’t check to see if I’m on someone’s blogroll, I don’t really care. To me, it’s the relationship that matters.

7. Heather B

January 23, 2007 at 12:02 am

blogger’s 10 commandments lol what a great idea

8. Heather B

January 23, 2007 at 12:06 am

cause i have no life here someone wrote their idea of the bloggers 10 commandments

9. Kentucky Girl

January 23, 2007 at 12:32 am

Well, people aren’t on my blogroll anymore because I haven’t GOT a blogroll. :clap: I go through my bloglines and lately…I haven’t even had time to read those. :doh: I hate my job. Kthx. LUB EWE THO

10. Denise TN

January 23, 2007 at 6:16 am

Stop talking about me! :secret:

11. Gemini

January 23, 2007 at 7:31 am

I usually look at others blogrolls and if I like someones blog I add it to my favs…. this way I don’t get the :crazy: people asking questions.. lol

January 23, 2007 at 8:28 am

Did you get tracked down and accused? Ridiculous.

January 23, 2007 at 8:29 am

I’m embarrassed to say it was the other way around…dang I wasn’t very clear in my post :doh:

January 23, 2007 at 8:36 am

:lmfao:

Okay, now that’s hilarious!

January 23, 2007 at 8:38 am

Ok, to clear this up I wasn’t a complete loser about it (at least I don’t think I was) I just asked one of my FAVORITE bloggers out there why I hadn’t seen them around my blog in a while and had missed them. It turned out it was partially due to an accidentally blocked IP. I don’t care about blogrolls.

16. Blueyes

January 24, 2007 at 10:14 pm

Sometimes life gets caught up more than the blog world…I know I’ve been a bad visitor lately :eyebrow: