Getting Anal

I’m getting anal in my old age and no not in the sexual way :yuck: I’ve noticed lately that I’m getting more and more obsessed with things being a certain way (ie. my way). I don’t think I was always this anal but maybe I’m just now actually noticing it :dunno:

When I’m driving I have this thing where I have to be in a certain lane at a certain time and take a certain route. I feel somehow I’ve mastered the drive and if nobody gets in my way :rolleyes: I can nearly slide right into work. You can imagine how annoyed I get when someone screws with my plan :whosnext:

I’m very particular about how my computer at work and at home is setup. I’m big on folders and shortcuts. I love the quick launch in my toolbar and that’s where all my programs go. I like to keep my desktop clean and every once and I while I go into Mr. Yoda’s desktop and clean up his disaster of a desktop.

This week I spent some time cleaning up a shared drive on the computer. People kept making new excel spreadsheets for the same project for every year. I combined them into one and used the different pages within it. I didn’t really think it was a genius move but then I was the only one that thought of it.

Everything has to be in it’s place and everything should be done the way I do it. I’m the master of finding quicker/easier ways to do things and if there is a way to do something quicker/easier I will find it. I’m trying my best not to incorporate this into every part of my life :blush:

So just keep your desktop clutter free and don’t cut me off on the road and we’ll get along just fine.

1. Heather B

January 21, 2007 at 11:53 am

lol i am the same way about my desktop well at least most of the time…. all my programs go in my quick launch…. and man oh man am i a bitch when it comes to stupid people on the road….

2. javajabber

January 21, 2007 at 12:18 pm

I prefer the term obsessive-compulsive. I can get drugs for that. Anal retentive? Sounds surgically removed only.

I used to be a lot worse before I left my career behind. There’s something about working a 12-hour day, coming home to cook, clean, give kids baths, etc etc etc, that turns you into perfectionist because you know, there just isn’t enough stress in the day.

I’ve back off a lot since those days. I still have to have things “just so,” but I don’t freak out about it now. I can wait at least 10 minutes before I fix it … instead of 10 seconds. That’s good, right?

January 21, 2007 at 1:50 pm

Heather B – People just need to get with the schedule :whosnext:

JJ – Yeah that works too but anal sounds suggestive :eyebrow:

January 21, 2007 at 5:52 pm

I never put stuff on my desktop except the shortcuts I use all the time.

Just thought you should know…

January 21, 2007 at 5:54 pm

I guess then you, Mr. Fab, are on my good list :poke:

6. heather(anne)

January 21, 2007 at 11:05 pm

You and I would get along famously. Roscoe likes to call me “anal retentive” and I totally am! The girls at work tease me all the time because I’m constantly disinfecting things and lining things up.

January 22, 2007 at 7:42 am

:lmao: I’m certainly not uber clean or anything but I like things a certain way.

8. Geeky Dragon Girl

January 22, 2007 at 7:09 pm

My room may be a disaster, even my driving may be a bit haphazard, but dammit my desktop is immacculate. I glance at my coworkers’ computer desktops littered everywhere with documents and shortcuts and it bugs!

January 22, 2007 at 7:24 pm

GDG – I’m not crazy clean but I’m obsessive about how things should be…I know I’m so weird. Have you ever seen people that keep ALL their folders on their desktop? I mean you can’t even see the background it’s that bad. Oh that makes me :banghead:

10. Geeky Dragon Girl

January 22, 2007 at 7:30 pm

Argh I can’t stand it when the entire desktop is peppered, nay, COVERED in icons. :dazed:

January 22, 2007 at 7:34 pm

It’s like…if you don’t know how to properly make use of a computer you shouldn’t have one :whosnext:

12. Blueyes

January 24, 2007 at 10:20 pm

Ha I’m like that too. On my computers, I only have the trash can use the quick launch for everything.

13. Erik

January 25, 2007 at 12:40 am

My old ways are finally starting to effect you! Of course, yours have worked on me too 🙁 I’m still a neat FREAK at work. People comment on it you know. It’s weird.

January 25, 2007 at 7:46 am

Blue – I can never get it quite that clean but hopefully someday…

Erik – Hi hon…yeah i guess you are making me quite OCD…hope you are proud of yourself.