Phobias

I decided I might check out if any of the phobias I have are actually listed as a phobia. To my surprise they are:

Bathmophobia = Stairways
Whenever I am about to go down stairs I get really scared I will fall but that almost never stops me from actually going down stairs, it just means sometimes I walk down them like an old lady.

Emetophobia = Vomiting

I freak out when anyone pukes or when I’m about to puke. I can’t handle it, even if it’s on tv. I will seriously scream and run, which isn’t too good when you yourself have to throw up:yuck:
Limnophobia = Lakes

I think this has to do with leaches or just stuff in dark water I cannot sea. I’d only been in a lake a few times in the past 10 years until we bought a house by a lake :rolleyes: Yeah, sounds pretty silly but as long as I can see the bottom of the water I’m ok but maybe this summer I can work on it.

Here are some fun ones I found:
Caligynephobia = Beautiful women
Linonophobia = String
Pedophobia = Children *I may possibly have this
Hypengyophobia = Responsibility
Aibohphobia = Palindromes
Ergophobia = Work *I think I have that today
Do you have a phobia?

January 11, 2007 at 8:16 am

I know someone with Emetophobia. It’s fun to make vomiting noises around her.

You should slide down the bannister. Try it, it’s exhilirating!

2. Blueyes

January 11, 2007 at 8:40 am

It’s amazing they can tag just about anything and slap it as a phobia.

January 11, 2007 at 10:03 am

I think the fear of palindromes one is fake. The name of the phobia itself is a palindrome, which means that someone who had it could never actually tell anyone what afflicted them. I wonder what happens if a guy named Bob is afraid of palindromes? He’s screwed.

January 11, 2007 at 10:11 am

Mr. Fab – Ok…you ever leave a vm of you puking and I’ll virtually slap you in the face :whack: I might do that but on my house I think I might get a dangerous splinter

Blue – True, wonder if there is a phobia for meatloaf.

Avitable – I think Bob would just go by Robert and flip out on anyone who called him Bob. It does seem awfully silly but funny to think about. :what:

5. Gemini

January 11, 2007 at 11:32 am

Arachnophobia! up that is me!!!

6. Tara

January 11, 2007 at 1:17 pm

The throwing up thing… that’s so me. I hate, hate, hate that and will do everything in my power to avoid it. Ugh.

Sometimes, stairs freak me out, but mostly because I’ve lived in a one-level house for too long.

7. Chris

January 11, 2007 at 1:48 pm

I probably have the children one. Babies scare me. And I never know what to say to kids.

January 11, 2007 at 2:02 pm

Gemini – me too but all insects.

Tara – We keep having more and more in common.

Chris – Same here, or at least they make me nervous and uncomfortable.

9. Leanne

January 11, 2007 at 2:31 pm

I have a fear of escalators. It’s not listed. Wanna make one up for me?

January 11, 2007 at 2:34 pm

Leanne – That’s a lot of pressure. I’d probably go with Escalphobia but I think they usually require Latin and I don’t know diddly about Latin.

11. Gary

January 11, 2007 at 11:21 pm

Don’t be afraid of your lake. Just think of it as a big bathtub. đŸ™‚

January 12, 2007 at 12:08 pm

Gary – My bathtub does not have fish and seaweed.