Why I Don’t Smoke

And I’m not talking about cigarettes…

I don’t know about you but in college this was a popular past time and one that was all around me. I’ve never had an issue with dabbling in this or that if it was offered to me I probably gave it a try. I’ve never actually been addicted to anything or maybe I just didn’t have enough resources :dunno:

I learned early on that weed was not something for me and this was insanely frustrating since everyone else enjoyed it so much. See, whenever I would smoke it would not bring on a good response but in fact make me uber paranoid and often sick to my stomach :twitchy: Here are a list of the reasons why I will never smoke again:

• The time I asked my friends to put me in a closet.
  • The time I talked to a boyfriend on the phone for 45 minutes until I realized he wasn’t actually my boyfriend but a guy who liked me :doh:
  • The time I left my keys in my friend’s car and called another friend to go get them for me. I was supposed to have brought this friend along with us to smoke and forgot so she got pissed. That didn’t stop me from calling her back every time she hung up on me when I was laughing so hard I couldn’t even get the words out.
  • The time I burst into my friends dorm room but it was actually 2 Asian girls who looked at me funny.
  • The time I drove home with a cop right behind me.
  • The time I thought I was going insane and my friend had to put Friends on to calm me down.
  • The time I thought a mailbox was a ghost, consequently my friend with me thought it was a person.
  • The time I thought NIN was opera.
  • The time I ate swallowed a roach :yuck:
  • The time I tried to light a roach and burned my nose.

January 9, 2007 at 8:24 am

I have never tried it. In fact, I have never taken any kind of drug, save for prescription medication.

Now, as for alcohol…I used to drink for a living until it was explained to me that there was actually no such profession.

January 9, 2007 at 8:39 am

The most frightening part of that post is the use of Friends as a tool to calm you down.

And NIN is opera!

January 9, 2007 at 8:43 am

Mr. Fab – I have a post about why I don’t drink also…it’s coming…

Avitable – I know, it’s scary but everything else moved too fast and Friends was actually slow and calming. Like MTV, the scenes changed too quick especially music videos and it freaked me out.

What was funny about NIN sounding like opera was we started conducting along with it, it sounded so different.

4. Heather B

January 9, 2007 at 9:33 am

Yep I’m not into it either, give me something to drink anyday lol.

I would of died laughing if I saw someone trying to conduct NIN lol

January 9, 2007 at 9:40 am

I have no idea what this NIN is. Is that because I am 135 years old?

January 9, 2007 at 9:42 am

Heather – It was so funny!

Mr. Fab – Nine Inch Nails and yes you are old :tongue:

7. Sarah

January 9, 2007 at 11:25 am

I once freaked out in the woods, and then didn’t smoke again for a year. Then I realized that I didn’t get paranoid every time I smoked… only, in fact, when I was in the woods at 2 AM. Gee, I wonder why!

8. Chris

January 9, 2007 at 1:29 pm

Supposedly, I grew up in an area that was notorious for it’s drugs and prostitutes, and I had absolutely no idea!
    I was quite sheltered as a kid. No one ever offered me even a cigarette, let alone drugs.
    I probably would have said no though, because I’m not really interested in that stuff.
    Alcohol is my poison of choice.

9. NYC Watchdog

January 9, 2007 at 1:42 pm

Heh. You burned your nose. You got nuthin on me. I burned my eyebrows. Heh.

January 9, 2007 at 1:53 pm

Sarah – I’d have a heart attack if I were high in the woods at the same time.

Chris – I wasn’t around much until college and really nothing since. It wasn’t even a LOT in college but it was there. I was pretty innocent until the end of high school.

Watchdog – If I’d continued to do it I might have burned my bangs, I wouldn’t put it past me.

11. heather(anne)

January 9, 2007 at 3:57 pm

I never liked weed. I did it maybe ten times in my life. But, I could tell you some good alcohol related and lsd related stories.

12. jane

January 9, 2007 at 7:38 pm

omgosh this is hilarious! when i read you swallowed a roach, i was thinking of a bug! were you trying to snort the roach? reading this is like watching “up in smoke” again! pot makes me hyper and paranoid, otherwise it would be great for relaxing.

January 9, 2007 at 7:43 pm

Heather – we all have good alcohol stories.

Jane – :lmao: No, we were drinking and smoking so therefore I was highly intoxicated. The j came to the end so someone suggested I swallow it and I did :dunno:

14. Jen

January 9, 2007 at 9:39 pm

Oh yes, all very very very good reasons!

15. crystal

January 10, 2007 at 8:26 am

Personally, I’m one of those people who won’t buy it (ok, I bought it once, but I went in with a couple of other girls), but will jump on the chance to smoke if it’s offered. The only paranoia I experience is the insane fear that I’m going to laugh at something – because when I’m high everything is fantastically funny – and wet my pants. And I get twitchy. When I move, I feel like I’m moving the same way you see people move under strobe lights – very jerky movements, like parts are skipped. I’ve yet to figure out if this is just my imagination or if I actually do move like this.

January 10, 2007 at 8:34 am

Jen – Took me long enough to realize it.

Crystal – Yeah, similar to the way I tend to feel…worried I’ll look like an idiot and feeling I am acting really strange.