My Accent?

I got this from Avitable but it couldn’t be more wrong. The thing is, I don’t think I have an accent at all. I don’t sound like I’m from “Boston” at all either. Weird.

What American accent do you have?

Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak “Standard English straight out of the dictionary” but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like “Are you from Wisconsin?” or “Are you from Chicago?” Chances are you call carbonated drinks “pop.”

The Northeast
Philadelphia
The Midland
The South
Boston
The West
North Central
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

1. Janet

January 7, 2007 at 10:38 am

Within NJ there are at least two sets of distinctly different accents. When I went to school in South Jersey, the accent irked me. North Jersey meanwhile is definitely influenced by NY. Meanwhile here in the middle, I feel like we’re a breed all our own. A mutt of accents if you will.:)

January 7, 2007 at 10:42 am

Yeah that probably happens more and more.

I think for me the thing is I grew up near Boston during my earlier years but went to private school on the North Shore. Then I moved to the suburbs and went to college in West of Central Mass…so I’ve been all over the place.

3. Gemini

January 7, 2007 at 12:05 pm

I have a Midland accent…. which basicly means that I dont have an accent… lol

it also said that i have a voice that would be good for radio or TV.. LOL

4. heather(anne)

January 7, 2007 at 12:43 pm

I have the midland accent, which is right!

January 7, 2007 at 1:10 pm

What’s wrong with me? :dunce:

6. gemini

January 7, 2007 at 1:13 pm

:rock: Yeah for Midland!!

(even though I have lived all but 4 years of my life in MA) lol

7. Sarah

January 8, 2007 at 2:40 am

I got the same thing… even though I grew up in Virginia and eastern NY (where we NEVER say pop, I might add). I think of myself as pretty accent-less too.

8. Heather B

January 8, 2007 at 3:54 am

Mine came up for “West” which is right on since im in southern cali… here is what mine said

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you’re a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

January 8, 2007 at 8:10 am