Hello My Name is Norman

• So I have these shoes that cause a good deal of pain but I just cannot give them up, I just can’t. They are one of my favorite shoes and it’s not like they are stilettos or something! They are just a pair of burgundy chunky maryjanes and I’m not giving up without a fight…even if I walk like a penguin when I wear them.
  • We think maybe it’s best I don’t cook anymore. When my filet minon didn’t cook all the way through I popped it in the microwave for a few minutes and basically ruined it.
  • We found a Hello Kitty Water Bubbler at Target over the weekend. Erik and I kind of collect Hello Kitty and we both looked at it kind of wanting to get it but thinking maybe that was going a bit too far. Then we got home and as we talked about it we still are thinking of getting it. As Erik sees it he wouldn’t have to get out of bed anymore to get his usual water throughout the night. I told him though, we may have to hide it when guests visit.
  • Maybe someday I’ll post a picture of all the stuff we’ve collected and you guys can label us the “strange” couple.
  • I added my Amazon Wishlist to my sidebar for the hell of it. Mostly so if any of my friends or family aren’t ever sure what to get me or are in the mood to bring me joy they can find it there.
  • I think I may get rid of the forum, I suppose it doesn’t really make sense to have one on a blog unless you have a huge following.
  • Nothing on the job front, I swear there is nothing out there.
  • My job is getting worse by the day, people are just losing their minds I swear.
  • We have the holiday party this afternoon at a restaurant and we are doing a Yankee gift. I’m giving a fancy container of hot cocoa and these margarita and martini cookies I was given last year. I always worry my gift will be complete crap and everyone will laugh. I suppose that is kind of the point :confused:
  • I’m not entirely sure where this started but the first I remember it was when my high school boyfriend and his friend used to recite this all the time. I don’t know what show or movie it is from. I even carried this on into college and taught it to several friends. Funny how something so completely strange and pointless made it’s way around. I wonder who else knows this? Enjoy me attempting a British accent :rolleyes:

1. Chris

December 6, 2006 at 12:25 pm

Your wish-list is a lot shorter than mine. I’ve managed to rack up 3 pages and that’s just books! Oh well.

December 6, 2006 at 12:29 pm

I’ve restarted the thing a lot and after buying a house a lot of the things we wanted we now have.

I was kinda hoping to hear your thoughts on my little speech and assumed you’d laugh at my British accent…but maybe you are just being nice and not saying anything :blush:

3. Chris

December 6, 2006 at 12:40 pm

No, no, it’s good. I especially like the way you said bananas. No idea what you’re talking about though!! 😉 Who’s Norman?

December 6, 2006 at 12:43 pm

I’ve perfected over the years. I love just saying it in random places and people look at me weird.

I have NO idea who Norman is or what he’s talking about. I’d love to finally figure out someday what it’s from :huh:

5. Krayzee Chickadee

December 6, 2006 at 3:18 pm

I wouldn’t have known it was your voice :cheesy:

Sorry to hear about your job woes. I have hit enough brick walls over the past few months to make my head really, really hurt. Who would have thought that job discrimination was still in full force??!! Thank goodness I wasn’t trying to find a job to support my family alone. Talk about displaced homemaker, sheesh.

Check out my blog….. got some news there. :heartbeat: ya!

6. Krayzee Chickadee

December 6, 2006 at 3:20 pm

Oh, the wish list thing…. your cousin’s (my hubby’s) amazon wish list is outrageous! We’ll have to win the lottery to ever fufill his wishes, lol! :lmao:

PS, I love the smilies!

December 6, 2006 at 7:01 pm

Hmm…maybe I’ll do a audio post in a British accent…I want to be more like you…

December 6, 2006 at 7:47 pm

KC – Nobody’s voice ever sounds the same recorded…I hate how mine sounds.

Mr. Fabulous – Who doesn’t? I’m Jane Cool :rock:

9. Barb

December 7, 2006 at 3:15 am

Girl, you need to sign up with Wists. You can see my Wists lists here. :cheesy: There’s a bookmarklet you can use, so you can add anything to your list from any site whatsoever.

OMG–I love HK, too! But my collection is pretty much limited to T-shirts, calendars, and a few notebooks. I usually get the new HK calendar every year, but don’t have one for 2006 for some reason.

I have no clue where that skit is from, but the accent sounds believeable to me!

Sorry that the job hunt isn’t going so well. I don’t know what field you’re in, or anything about the area in which you live, but my sister-in-law told me about this site called LinkedIn. It’s more of a networking site, but it might work out for you. Good luck!

December 7, 2006 at 9:05 am

Hey Barb – well Amazon works well in the way that I know my family and friends trust it…I don’t know they’d trust the other thing but thanks.

If you only knew some of the HK stuff we have :whistle: