Twenty Seems A Lifetime Ago

Age 20This is a picture of me at about age 20 at my brother’s Bat Mitzvah. I found this on Thanksgiving when looking through photo albums at my parent’s house.

I certainly wasn’t a toothpick in this picture but looking back I think I look fantastic. It’s hard to believe now that back then I hated my body and thought I was a cow. I certainly wish I had enjoyed it more back then but I still have some hope I can get back to that again.

This time if I do, I swear I will not complain about my body ever again.

Although when Erik saw this picture he was disappointed at how much smaller my breasts were :rolleyes:

1. Blueyes

December 3, 2006 at 12:25 am

Well you know men, they’re all about the boobies lol

December 3, 2006 at 10:15 am

Erik is a man with priorities! LOL

3. Barb

December 3, 2006 at 4:15 pm

You look great! I love the dress!

Yeah, when I gained a ton of weight from one of my meds, at least some of it went to my boobs! Not enough, though! :cheesy:

Since I started working out back in September, I’ve lost 2 lbs. I hope you can find a nearby gym (since you’re looking for a nearby job) or can get that treadmill we talked about before. :buff:

4. Barb

December 3, 2006 at 4:16 pm

Duh! I meant two months ago! I’ve lost 10 lbs.!

December 3, 2006 at 4:27 pm

If I could find a convenient gym and a more convenient job that would be great. I still kinda want to get an eliptical machine though but I’m afraid to even mention it with all the money I’ve spent on videos and such.

6. Barb

December 3, 2006 at 4:36 pm

I remember you saying that you have a bunch of videos. I have a few, but the only one I still use on the days I take off from the gym is this mat pilates one. It’s more for stretching, though, then losing weight. A cardio work-out is really the best way to lose poundage. Maybe wait to get the job first, then look for a gym. Some places have a pay-by-the month deal–definitely don’t sign a contract, and don’t go to someplace like Bally’s.

December 3, 2006 at 4:38 pm

IF we had a little more room here I might be able to do the videos again. I am now going walking with Gemini on Saturday mornings though, better than nothing. I’m also a little more serious about watching what I eat.

I have some fantastic videos though :unsure:

8. Barb

December 3, 2006 at 4:46 pm

Well, you have to start somewhere–you’re right–walking’s better than nothing. Before my depression (well, the clinical one) went into remission, I wasn’t even doing that.

December 3, 2006 at 4:48 pm

Yeah, baby steps. I need to do whatever I can manage right now and working on eating habits I can handle better than getting to a gym. I love the gym but I love having a few hours every night to rest even more.

10. Barb

December 3, 2006 at 4:52 pm

It’s best if you can work out first thing in the morning. Then you have the rest of the day to do whatever, and if you end up doing nothing at all after work, then at least you know you already did something good for yourself.

Since Brian lost his job, it’s been harder for us to get off our butts and go to the gym. Weekends are hard, too. Like, um, we planned to leave over an hour ago, so I suppose I should go do that now. Considering our moods, I don’t know if we’ll actually make it, even though I know we’ll both feel better if we do.

December 3, 2006 at 4:55 pm

I know but I leave at 6am for work, that’s the tough part. If I could just join the gym again at work, leave at 5am and it would work but then I’d have to go to sleep at like 8pm and Erik gets home at 7:30. Argh!

I’m going to work on one thing at a time…if I take on too much anyway I lose steam really quickly and give up. kwim?

Go get your ass to the gym :poke: