Give Me Some Yarn

I decided I need something to keep myself busy and also maybe a new project. I’ve decided I’m going to learn how to crochet and make a big banket/throw for the livingroom. Yes, I think I will.I’m so bored all of the time and I really need to not snack as much at night. I mean, I’m usually not even hungry. I suppose not keeping ice cream in the house would help. I could also like, clean and stuff. Oh and I guess I could talk to Erik occasionally. But still, I’m taking up crocheting!

Anyone else crochet? I think I did a bit of knitting or stitching or something back when I was in Home Ec. so I have a feeling I’ll need to re-learn the technique. How loDamn Yarn!ng does it take to make a blanket anyway? I guess it depends on house fast (or how often) I do this.

I haven’t even picked up any tools for this, like the needle and the yarn. Should I buy a book like Crocheting for Dummies? It really can’t be that complicated, I’m sure I can figure it out. Maybe I have a nack for this and will be so good others will come to me for lessons?

Warning: This is what happens when you have less than 2 hours left of work, have been staring at a computer screen for more hours than you can count and have run out of things to do. I’m also really bloated, why am I always bloated and tired on Friday?

Turns out Saturday night I’ll be on my own since Erik is going out with BIL. I’m happy for him to get out and have some fun with his brother but I’m even more happy to have the house all to myself. I could start painting the office buuuuut I have a feeling that won’t happen.

Sorry for all the posts today and confusing y’all on what to comment on but I guess you’ll manage somehow. I’m also vaguely sorry if this is beyond boring but it was either this or gouging my eyes out. I chose to post and I also chose to be sarcastic because I’m not sarcastic enough.

Ok…one hour and thirty three minutes to go :help:

1. Barb

December 1, 2006 at 6:42 pm

“It really can’t be that complicated, I’m sure I can figure it out.” I’m sure you could, too, but I think the main factor in something like this is patience. :cheesy:

December 1, 2006 at 6:56 pm

Let’s see, today we’ve had kitties, makeup, and crocheting…I am drowning in all the estrogen! 🙂

December 1, 2006 at 7:04 pm

Barb – Patience? What is that? It’s hard to have patience when it’s friday and not time to go home yet :what:

Mr. Fabulous – Yeah and you stuck around…good for you :poke:

4. Barb

December 1, 2006 at 7:06 pm

Then, um, maybe you ought to take up a hobby that has quicker results! :thumbsup:

December 1, 2006 at 7:09 pm

Yeah…like blogging? :dance:

6. Barb

December 1, 2006 at 7:14 pm

Exactly!!! :thumbsup:

December 1, 2006 at 7:16 pm

Blogging is a fantastic ADD aphrodesiac :surrender:

8. Maureen

December 2, 2006 at 1:30 am

I LOVE to crochet! It is easy. I learned using a book called ‘My Grandmother Taught Me To Crochet’ (or something like that). You can do it! Just have fun with it. Start with a solid worsted weight yarn, working on a big hook, so that the stitches will be easy to see, but so you can see results quickly.

9. kim

December 2, 2006 at 4:10 am

i like your natalie dee cartoon!

i bought a bunch of yarn a year ago. i was going to start knitting. well, it’s still in a bag in the closet.

good luck! (it’s not difficult, it just takes a few days to get used to…)

December 2, 2006 at 10:22 am

Maureen – when talking about it last night I think maybe it’s knitting I want to do…I don’t know the difference :unsure:

Kim – I should have included a link…if I can find the site I’ll add it.

11. Blueyes

December 3, 2006 at 12:27 am

My mother and grandmother used to crochet, I never got into it. I like cross stiching instead but lately haven’t had the time to do it. I should make time, its relaxing.

12. crystal

December 3, 2006 at 5:26 pm

If you need some help, drop me a line. I can point you towards some great patterns (beginner and not so much).

December 3, 2006 at 5:53 pm

Thanks Crystal, I’ll keep that in mind. Erik showed me a little today and I’ll try it tonight when I officially sit down.