I Love Movies

• I love the movie Love Actually – especially the scene where Hugh Grant dances around to Jump (for my love). I can’t help but feel better when I watch this movie :clap:
  • There is NO better ending than that of The Usual Suspects – I still get chills when they close in on his feet.
  • Did you know I figured out the end of The Sixth Sense? Yeah, when Donnie Walberg got shot and they jumped a year later without telling us anything I was clued in. In reality, I’ve just watched too many movies and am too observant for my own good.
  • The Blaire Witch Project scared the bejesus out of me – I don’t care what all you cold unfeeling people think.
  • I still cry if I come in half way through the movies Steel Magnolias, My Girl and Titanic. I still hope everytime that they don’t die 🙁
  • I’ve never promoted a movie so much as I’ve promoted Donnie Darko. It’s one of those films people don’t usually run out to see but they should.
  • My favorite “feel good” comedies are Office Space and Tommy Boy “you’re the one with the…shell.” How can you not laugh your ass off?
  • I admit it – most Angelina movies I watch are purely to drool over her.
  • I think one of the hottest sex scenes is from Basic Instinct…or was it Sliver?  I know a guy comes up behind her and attacks her…that’s all I remember.

1. NYC Watchdog

November 27, 2006 at 7:41 am

I LOVE Love Actually!!! That’s my absolute favorite movie in the entire world!!! I love it more than Star Wars… so you know that says something.

The Hugh Grant scene is great, especially the one where he is going door to door looking for Natalie. Then there’s the whole Colin going to America subplot that’s pretty great, and of course, the whole love triangle between Mark, Juliet, and Peter. I just love that movie… and all that hugging in the beginning and the end are real people hugging too… not actors.

November 27, 2006 at 8:35 am

I’m guessing you liked it NYC :lmao:

I must admit the scene where the guy tells the married girl he loves her but will let her go by those cards…one of the most romantic things I’ve ever seen :love:

3. Joefish

November 27, 2006 at 9:57 am

Those are some of my favorite movien too. Blair Witch was awesome, and was easily the scariest movie I’d ever seen.

November 27, 2006 at 9:58 am

Joefish – You rock! :rock:

5. TJ

November 27, 2006 at 10:30 am

I like all of those movies, except Steel Magnolias, and My Girl — I didn’t see either of them, and I’m in not rush to.

6. crystal

November 27, 2006 at 10:33 am

Unfortunately, while I steadfastly maintain that I would have figured out Sixth Sense on my own, I had it ruined for me by a coworker. The same coworker also ruined “Momento” for me as well.

Love Actually has become one of my Christmas favorites, and is pulled out whenever I need a good laugh (or cry, since it seems to do both to me).

November 27, 2006 at 11:04 am

TJ – I didn’t say they were good movies.

Crystal – I hate when people ruin movies…pisses me off :pissed:

8. Tori

November 27, 2006 at 2:10 pm

I love all the Hugh Grant movies… sooo goooood!

You know, I’ve never seen sixth sense… ya! Guess I should see it since I know the ending and all…

November 27, 2006 at 2:13 pm

Well I didn’t tell you the ending, I made sure of that. It’s a good movie though, you should see it.

10. Chris

November 27, 2006 at 2:34 pm

Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider. Delicious.

11. Denise TN

November 27, 2006 at 5:21 pm

I love Hugh Grant(and Colin Firth)!!

The Blair Witch Project kicked ass!!! I still get creeped out whenever I see the final scene…when the guy is standing there facing the wall. Creeeeepy.

Steel Magnolias makes me cry. Every.Single.Time. Damn it.

Donnie Darko was really cool, too!

I think that scene was in Sliver. I don’t remember.

November 27, 2006 at 6:25 pm

This might tarnish some of my street cred, but I am a big fan of “Love Actually” too. Man, I could watch that all day.

November 27, 2006 at 6:40 pm

Denise – you have some DAMN good taste.

Mr. Fabulous – All you guys are too cool…big ol saps :poke:

14. Barb

November 28, 2006 at 2:55 am

OK, how nerdy am I? I’m part of The Usual Suspects fanlisting! Although the Original Trilogy will always be on the top of my list, I do love other movies, too. I’m on the Reservoir Dogs fanlisting and I love HK action films because I just LOVE Chow Yun-Fat!

15. Barb

November 28, 2006 at 2:55 am

What happened to my comment?

16. Barb

November 28, 2006 at 2:57 am

Argh. I guess I’ll have to repeat myself. OK. I’m a nerd because I’m on The Usual Suspects and Reservoir Dogs fanlistings (among others). The Star Wars OT will always be at the top of my list, but I do love other movies, too. Weird that I’m not a huge fan of sci-fi, though, eh? As for other genres, I especially love HK action films because I LOVE Chow Yun-Fat!

November 28, 2006 at 8:38 am

Barb – You are cool :thumbsup: I’m not sure what happened to your post, someone else mentioned their post disappearing…I’ll have to check spam.

18. Barb

November 28, 2006 at 12:06 pm

OK, cool. So it’s not just a conspiracy against me. :twitchy: LOL

19. Joefish

November 29, 2006 at 12:59 pm

Barb got stuck in the spam queue on my blog the other day too. It must be a conspiracy. Akismet hates her.

20. Barb