Latte Addiction

I feel guilty buying small iced mocha lattes from DD every morning since it’s not the best finanIce Mocha Lattecial investment and it’s probably not super healthy (even though I ask for no whip cream and light on the mocha). The main thing is, there are cheaper coffees out there.I keep trying to just do regular coffee and it’s now like drinking muddy water or something. It’s just torture and I keep dreaming about my refreshing iced lattes! Is this an addiction and how can I recover?

I think I would rather quit coffee all together than take a big step back in quality. Maybe I just need to wean myself off but dammit I need my energy in the morning. My lattes were always so faithful in waking me up and giving me that beginning of the day energy.

Anyone else have a coffee addiction? Anyone else find it tough to drink a latte (or whatever) and then go back to the basics?

I suppose it’s true what they say: Once you go latte you never go back :coffee:

1. Leanne

November 21, 2006 at 10:20 am

When I started making a daily stop at Starbucks on the way to my physical therapy, I knew I had a problem. When physical therapy ended and I rummaged through boxes of gifts that have gone unused to find that damn espresso machine, I knew it was a serious problem. When I went to the coffee shop to buy french vanilla syrup, the grocery store for ground espresso and skim milk – and then called a friend for step by step instructions – I knew there’d be hell to pay.

Now I’m trying to wean myself. I make myself one latte, then after 1/4 is gone I top it off with straight black coffee. Eventually, I’m drinking straight black coffee, which is where it all began – and where it’s best for my hips and thighs. 😛

November 21, 2006 at 10:24 am

I have an expresso machine but it’s way too much of a PITA to use. I found expresso coffee I can make regularly which is ok but it’s just not the same. Before all this I was drinking regular :coffee: with extra milk and equal usually. Now that tastes :tongue:

3. Maureen

November 21, 2006 at 11:06 am

I was off of my coffee habit for the longest time, just having a cup after dinner at a restaurant every once in a while, or in the afternoon at work.

Then, one cold Saturday morning on the way to soccer, I went into a convenience store & grabbed myself a vanilla cappucino. Yummy! I started getting one 2 or 3 mornings a week on my way to work.

That combined with Jim’s uncle coming over more often after brother-in-law moved in (oops, I mean ‘stayed with us for a few days :twitchy: :sigh: ). Uncle Bob likes his coffee & we no longer had a coffee maker (I wonder where it went…), so we’d give him instant. Then, he brought us those coffee tea bags. Then, I saw a cheap 5-cup coffee machine at the grocery store & decided to get it to have around when he came over.

One thing lead to another & now I make a pot of coffee every morning. And, sometimes another in the evening when I get home.

Oh well, I guess I could be addicted to worse things :cheesy:

November 21, 2006 at 11:09 am

True, it could be worse.

I wish I could make a good iced mocha latte from home…I really do.

Erik quit :coffee: for a while but living with me it’s been hard…he keeps going back.

5. NYC Watchdog

November 21, 2006 at 11:57 am

I’m all about the DD Iced Coffees. I’m not into the latte’s. Plus, a large Iced Coffee is priced comparatively to a medium Latte… so I got a good 5 more sips than you do.

It just makes me nuts when I order it right and they make it wrong. I reallly hate that.

November 21, 2006 at 11:59 am

I hate that too. I always order milk (cream makes me sick) and if they ever put cream (in my iced coffee) I’d tell them to fix it. If a coffee is not right it can taste just awful. I get small lattes but it’s still nearly $3 :wow:

7. Gary

November 21, 2006 at 12:48 pm

I think you have convinced me to try one of those from DD.

I usually drink my coffee with just enough milk to cut the bitterness. I do love a moca light frappachino once in a while, though. Even though they cost $4.30 these days. Wow, that’s expensive.

8. Krayzee Chickadee

November 21, 2006 at 7:29 pm

My in-laws keep trying to make me into a coffee drinker, but it just doesn’t work. I like the smell of it and all, but I just can’t get over the bitterness. Maybe I should have a :martini: instead??

November 21, 2006 at 7:31 pm

I :heartbeat: :martini:

10. Barb

November 21, 2006 at 7:48 pm

LOL! And I thought I was saving money on :coffee: by going to what we call Double D’s–whose :coffee: is way underrated, I might add. Now I’m reduced to having only one coffee a day, so I end up having a soy latte. Does DD sell those? I’d rather go there than Starbucks.

November 21, 2006 at 7:49 pm

No, DD does not sell those. I :heartbeat: DD :coffee:

12. Barb

November 21, 2006 at 8:02 pm

:sigh: Maybe one day…

November 21, 2006 at 8:46 pm

I enjoy a little crack in the morning to get going.

But that’s me, I’m a different breed of cat.

14. TJ

November 21, 2006 at 8:51 pm

I love lattes from Starbucks. I have to choose between food for the kids, or buying a latte, but sometimes I just gotta have one.

15. Gemini

November 21, 2006 at 9:48 pm

LOL I am with you TJ but in my case it is my Cats… LOL

I would run someone down for one in the mornings but when I am driving to work none are open or on the way… :sigh:

16. Blueyes

November 21, 2006 at 11:22 pm

Never was a coffee drinker so I can’t help you on this lol but I could get down with some smoothies though