Let Them Eat Ricotta Pie!

• I figured most of you would like to know what happened with the FOAD I posted on Thursday…well it appears to be over and done with. I can say with every fiber of my being that I hope I never see those psychos ever again. I know they wanted to make us suffer but we’ve been through a lot worse than that :flipa:
  • It was actually ironic having that particular FOAD thing happen on Thursday considering a big step Erik and I are taking together on Saturday (no, not that) but it’s something I can’t really get into on here. Some people might take something like that and choose to use it against us…we’re kind of all set with people trying to screw us over. Anyway, we’re hoping this step makes some big changes for us in a positive way although it could potentially make things worse :fingerscrossed:
  • Tonight we’re going to a local Irish pub with friends and afterwards hitting Cafe Dolce in Worcester for the best desserts/coffees.  They have the most insane Ricotta Moose Pie.  It’s been a long time since I’ve done the Dolce, I’ll be sure to tell you more about it next week :coffee:
  • Erik said he’d build a tree/gym (whatever it is) for the furkids. I’m trying to figure out how to get Pilot to stop scratching the damn sofa! We even got these sticky strips to stop him but Aurora pealed the damn things off!
  • Do you ever wonder if cats are smarter than we think and are just manipulating us? Maybe it is just my cats.
  • I think I lost the fight with NaNo, there is no way I could even come close to catch up now.

Oh and I must also mention the Quotes section of my blog.  Think it should go?  I have always loved quotes so I just thought I’d include it into my blog but if it just gets in the way I don’t want to bother.  Thoughts?

1. Tara

November 18, 2006 at 10:54 am

I like quotes. A lot. They rock.
    :rock:

2. Maureen

November 18, 2006 at 11:09 am

I love the quotes, too.

Good luck with whatever you’re doing today. Hope it works out well for everyone :fingerscrossed:

3. Miss Ann

November 18, 2006 at 12:09 pm

i like the quotes too. i don’t care if they’re just a post or at the beginning of a post.

4. Heather B

November 18, 2006 at 1:07 pm

keep the quotes… i love em

November 18, 2006 at 1:43 pm

Ok, I wasn’t expecting that…I guess you guys like them…which is good cause I do :cheesy:

Today went pretty well…a little glitch but it will work out just fine I’m sure.

6. Barb

November 19, 2006 at 3:18 pm

I like the quotes, too, but I’d prefer to see them as part of a post–but hey, it’s your blog, so you do what you want. I’m not going to stop reading you, no matter what you decide!

Also, here’s something you might find interesting. It’s from the site, CatAge and it was one of their tips for the week. This particular one is called “Needy Cat.” Here goes: ” Does your cat have you trained? Most cats demand attention rather than depending on it, and owners are often happy to oblige.
    If your cat suddenly develops dependent behaviors, a trip to the vet to rule out any illness is in order. Often a cat will require extra attention while adjusting to a new home. There may be a fine line between a needy cat and a well-socialized cat. If you think your cat is too demanding of your attention, assert your independence by acting more aloof and not being a pushover. Your cat also may be demanding because of boredom, so try some new toys or consider getting another cat for companionship.” Maybe Aurora is behaving that way for attention?

November 19, 2006 at 3:24 pm

Well I know at Clusterfook she does that and I would rather have my own thing. I do try to find real quotes and don’t just pull random crap. Maybe I can find some way to do something different with it.

Oh that does sound like Aurora although we initially got Pilot so she’d calm down…and she did…until we moved here.

8. Barb

November 19, 2006 at 3:39 pm

You should do whatever you want! Of course, there’s that quote randomizer that Joefish uses, but it looks kind of complicated to me. Keep doing what you’re doing, Robin. The people who love you will keep coming back. :hug:

Again, maybe it’ll just take more time than in the past for Aurora to get used to the new place. I know you just lay down some carpeting in the bedroom, and that’s another “disruption,” you know what I mean?

November 19, 2006 at 3:43 pm

You know…I thought I had issues with change. I suppose I’m nothing compared to Aurora.

I like posting separate quotes in case people want to discuss them…it happens every once and a while :dunno:

10. Barb

November 19, 2006 at 3:52 pm

I guess that’s one of the ways cats are so different from dogs. I thought I had issues with change, too!

Like I said, Robin–keep doing what you’re doing. It’s your blog, and just because some people (including me) said something about the quotes, it doesn’t mean you have to change anything. 😉

November 19, 2006 at 3:55 pm

Yeah I know but a big part of a blog is the readers so I don’t want them annoyed or anything. The quotes are staying though…I figure they can always be ignored.

12. Barb

November 19, 2006 at 3:56 pm

There you go–the quotes can be ignored. And like I said, if they’re loyal readers, they’ll keep coming back. So no worries, OK?