My Fellow Bloggers Part II

Attention: I attempted to post this yesterday but it seemed to be overshadowed by the FOAD post so I decided to post it today instead so it would get the spot it deserves. I swear, you people only read the most recent post :rolleyes:

Here I go with the 2nd installment and there will probably be a 3rd. I encourage you to give it a try, it’s pretty fun. I must admit I strolled around a couple blogs for reminders. C’mon…do you have any idea how much shit is always in my head? I’m lucky if I remember my blog address.

Barb: I used to visit your blog a long time ago and somehow lost you. Well I came across your blog again recently and I remember how much I liked your writing. You tend to keep your posts simple but to the point. You are a very open person especially about your personal issues, as I feel I often am. Almost every time I read one of your posts there is something that hits home.

Geeky Dragon Girl: You have a way with words and your posts are usually not insanely long. Your blog is fun and makes me laugh a lot of the time. If you complain about traffic I will be nodding along with you since it takes everything I have not to complain about it everyday. You are a blog I look forward to. Oh and you respond to most comments and that’s awesome!

Heather Anne: I’ve always been drawn to your blog for a long time because of how open you are. I also like how you have posts that are both intense and fun. I never know what I’m going to get when I see one of your posts pop up in my bloglines. You also coined “drunk blogging” which finally brings a usefulness to :cosmo: and blogging.

Joefish: You are always talking about something different and always fun to read. You have a great sense of humor and I really enjoy your comments here. You have pretty good taste in movies and tv (ie. CSI and Memento) so you’ll always be good in my book. You should write more about that stuff…just a hint 😉

Leanne: Did you know my babysitter for most of my childhood had the name Leanne? I still have some contact with her and she’s awesome. You are such a creative woman with your art and photography. It also comes across you are quite genuine and that’s not something you see a lot in the blog world.

Miss Ann: I know you are a busy blogger so I’m glad to know you sometimes stop by and comment on a post here and there. I like how unabashed you are and how blunt you are to everyone including yourself. I often wonder how you are in real life and if you’d give it to me just as bluntly in person. I have a feeling you would.

Sarah: A fellow cat lover it’s always nice to read other blogs that post almost as much as I do about my cats. You are honest and real in this crazy blogging world. You are a personal blogger like me and we all need to stick together.

TJ: Your posts are so funny and usually not drawn out like many bloggers tend to do. You also are I’m guessing pretty smart since you know like math and science and stuff. If only I’d known you when I was trying to pass Statistics. You stop by here pretty often and leave great comments. If I ever have a chemistry question I’ll be sure to ask you.

1. TJ

November 17, 2006 at 9:52 am

Awwwww, thanks Robin. This is a great idea, by the way. I may have to make a similar post when I get some time. I would want to put some thought into it, so it won’t be my usual “off the top of my head” type of post.

2. Gary

November 17, 2006 at 11:57 am

I always enjoy posts like this one. I am going to check those blogs out. Thanks.

3. Geeky Dragon Girl

November 17, 2006 at 1:09 pm

My schmoozing and bootlicking worked! Heehee! I made it on the list! Oh, and congrats on the positive review at IT2M! Those folks are usually quite harsh. You did good.

4. Joefish

November 17, 2006 at 1:51 pm

Woo! I made the list! I’m one of the beautiful people! :dance:

I know what you mean about the top post getting the most attention. For a while I experimented with more of a “diarist” approach to my blog. I posted many posts each day, but it seemed as if each visitor would only read whatever post was most recent. A new post would basically turn off comments on the posts before it.

November 17, 2006 at 2:29 pm

Dammit! I lost the last comment I put on here :rant:

Anyway…

TJ – It takes more work than the usual post and I didn’t want to put too many people on each one either. I’m glad I did it.

Gary – I hope you find a new blog to add to your daily visits.

GDG – Well, I just tell it as it is…I was going to talk about you though before you started sucking up. Yeah the review was better than my other ones for sure :thumbsup:

Joefish – I go back and forth on what to do about that. I have so many thoughts and news that if I put it off for a day I don’t have a post it may be old news when I do. I try to post a really significant post every week day. I guess I’ll have to figure out a trick of some kine :mwahaha:

6. Tara

November 17, 2006 at 5:03 pm

I dunno ’bout everybody else, but I scroll down until I see a post I know I’ve read before. Plus, I know you usually post 2-3 (if not more) a day. So browse down, I do! :ohgreatone:

November 17, 2006 at 6:35 pm

Good to know Tara :cheesy:

8. Barb

November 17, 2006 at 9:16 pm

Awwww…thanks, Robin. Yeah, I took a blogging hiatus for a bit. I’m glad you found me again! :hug: I know I write really long posts–thanks for taking the time to read them! And I, for one, read all your recent posts, not just the topmost! :dance:

9. jane

November 17, 2006 at 9:22 pm

Congrats on the 3 smacks, that a helluva lot and
    definately deserved. I also enjoy reading Miss Ann’s &
    Barb’s is 1 of my very favorite blogs. I guess
    we both have good taste? :thumbsup:

10. Lisa

November 17, 2006 at 11:13 pm

I have most of these bloggers on my bloglines. Haven’t read Leanne or TJ but will check them out.

11. Noi

November 17, 2006 at 11:27 pm

Wow, congrats on the 3 smacks as well. First time here via ‘IT2M’. Its nice for you to write a post about your fellow blogging buddies. Mind if I borrow this idea? I shall not forget to credit you.

12. Sarah

November 17, 2006 at 11:46 pm

Aw, thanks! I never could figure out if I wanted to blog on a particular topic, so I just do a bit of everything. I like personal blogs myself. It’s nice to see what kinds of things other people are interested in.

November 18, 2006 at 8:20 am

Barb – But for some reason I can read yours…maybe they are spaced out enough or it’s the font :dunno: Maybe I just like what you are writing.

Jane – Definitely good taste.

Lisa – You should check them out.

Noi – Please do.

Sarah – You have a great blog although I think I already said that.

14. Barb

November 18, 2006 at 2:45 pm

Robin, that’s a real compliment. :hug: I know that jane sometimes teases you–in a loving way, of course–about reading long posts. BTW, I didn’t see the IT2M review until after I read this post–so congratulations on the smacks!!! :martini:

November 18, 2006 at 3:00 pm

Barb – I have a huge issue concentrating…I hate it. If a post grabs me enough I might make it all the way through but I probably missed some parts of it.

16. Barb

November 18, 2006 at 3:25 pm

But you have a good reason for the concentration issues. I know that right after I had ECT I had a difficult time concentrating, too, and it hasn’t completely gone away. I think it’s part of why it’s taking me so long to finish the book I’m reading, even though it’s really good.

November 18, 2006 at 3:34 pm

My ADD is better now than it was before but I still have problems reading.

18. Miss Ann

November 21, 2006 at 3:33 pm

Aww, I feel all spechul that I got a mention! I think I’m definitely gonna steal this idea and maybe write about all of the blogs on my blogroll…nah, maybe not all…that would be a bitch.

Probably. I don’t tell people what they want to hear but I don’t like to hurt people’s feelings.

I don’t think people realise that because I talk about so much shit that bugs me. But, see, I’m talking about THINGS not PEOPLE and I think a lot of people don’t get that.

I am going to pose that as a question on my blog so the people that regularly talk to me can speak more to that in an unbiased way…cuz sometimes we see ourselves differently, ya know?

PS: I love you too.
    :heartbeat:

19. Miss Ann

November 21, 2006 at 3:35 pm

oh, I forgot. I read long posts if written by a blogger I know will keep me interested. I also read thru feeds so I see and read all the posts a person writes in one day.

November 21, 2006 at 3:36 pm

:hug:

Most of what people know of me from online is right but not always as much as they want to believe. I can come across a lot more emotional online than I do in real life and it’s caused me problems through email with friends. I can’t tell you how many times people have told me (online) to calm down when I’m much more calm than they think. I think in some ways I’d surprise people, that I’m not as neurotic in person and much more laid back…then maybe not :dunno:

21. Miss Ann

November 21, 2006 at 3:53 pm

true. i’m a lot less bitchy but i still get all yappy if something does piss me off. I regaled mike with a major bitchfest about my neighbours last week when I was in a particularly bitchy mood. ~eep~

but I’m pretty sure every person I’ve talked to will say I’m pretty much exactly the way I am on my blog…just not as “mean.” But as I said, I bitch about things not people (unless I’m speaking specifically about someone.) Unfortunately, people get pissed if they see themselves in something I say.

No, I do not know why my opinion can affect people so much.

November 21, 2006 at 3:55 pm

I suppose you just have a way with words :dunno: