- Kids get past divorce. No matter what the situation if the child has a parent to explain it all and help them through it they will make it through it.
- In fact, kids get through a lot of pain and have wonderful lives. It helps if the child has both parents actively trying to help them.
- If you think your child has been sexually abused and you only decide to blame the other parent and ignore the possibility it was anyone else is disturbing beyond comprehension. It makes it look like this person is trying to attack the other person by claiming abuse. Actualy, after a lot of research, I learned a lot of mothers use this tool to gain control in a divorce.
- Kids shouldn’t make all the decisions. Why? Because they are children and they do not know what is best for them. If a child’s father calls it should not be the child’s option to talk to him, the mother should be making the decision. Kids have a lot of confused emotions and sometimes need to do things they are unsure about.
- Kids don’t need to know everything and in fact a lot of adult things they really don’t need to know. A lot of adult things aren’t going to make sense to a kid and really confuse them. There is being honest and there is adding complication that is unecessary.
- When it’s 4 years after a divorce and the child hasn’t come to terms with it, then there is something fundamentally wrong. If after 4 years the child in the divorce has been kept out of one of the parent’s lives it comes across as personally vindictive on behalf of the parent. And if 4 years has past and the child hasn’t ever even seen where the other parent lives or what they do or what their life is like it will leave a lot of holes and must be extremely scary.
I’m not a parent and never claim to know what it’s like to be a parent. I am, however, a human being who knows what it’s like to to feel scared and confused as a child. I am also a woman who loves a man who misses his daughter terribly and worries about her daily.
I know when I post these kinds of things in my blog it opens up something else entirely and I realize not everyone thinks this is a good idea. This blog is full of my opinions and I have every right to sharing them.
If anyone questions my opinions then you know…you can respond to this post or even email me. Or just maybe…just maybe you are afraid I am right. Afterall, you don’t have to know a person to make your own opinion. I’m sure a lot of people have opinions on me that don’t know me