My Baby Boy

We found out Pilot was injured last night and had to take him to the ER. He’d been whining a lot lately whenever we touched him and last night we noticed he had a big gash in his side.

So we rushed him to the all night animal hospital and they told us it seemed like a cat had bit him. The gash turned into an abscess and was gaping open full of puss. Who knows how long he was in pain, it seemed to have already started healing.

We had to leave him overnight and I just picked him up early this morning. Luckily I already had today and tomorrow off.

As you can see he has to wear the cone around his head so he doesn’t lick the wound. He had to wear a cone once before when he was little and got his eyeball scratched.

He’s also quarantined and can’t go outside for months…that will be the hardest part for him.  Today I’m going to be mommy and take care of my brave little boy.

1. Frankie

September 28, 2006 at 9:30 am

Awww he looks so sad. and that looks like it hurts. the poor baby. give him lots of :heartbeat: from me.

2. Maureen

September 28, 2006 at 9:50 am

Poor guy! He’s lucky to have you there to take care of him :hug:

3. NYC Watchdog

September 28, 2006 at 10:29 am

Oooh. The same thing happened to my cat Metro when I was living in PA. We didn’t even realize it until the abscess popped and there was puss all over. He did heal up nicely… and actually not going outside wasn’t as bad for him as I thought it would be.

I hope he feels better soon.

4. Heather B

September 28, 2006 at 10:33 am

Ohh my the poor little guy. I hope he gets well very soon. :hug:

September 28, 2006 at 11:09 am

Thanks everyone.

He’s breaking my :heartbeat: he’s walking around all moping and keeps trying to lick the wound but he can’t. He keeps hiding under things and Aurora has been freaked out and hissing at him. I let her outside so he could be left alone. I tried to hold him a bit but he wanted to be left alone I guess :dunno:

6. blueyes

September 28, 2006 at 3:28 pm

Good lord, I dunno, might be rough but maybe he should stay inside from now on? Glad he’s okay now.

September 28, 2006 at 4:52 pm

Legally he has to stay inside for a while…good thing at least it’s fall and will be getting cold anyway.