Doctor Appointment

I realize it’s friday afternoon so you all may miss this but if you care here is my update.

• She said my foot problem (swelling/itchy in spots) is a fairly general foot problem and I may need orthotics.  “Orthotics” seems like something for an elderly person but I may make an appointment to see a Podiatrist.
  • My hip or whatever is a tendon or something that is swollen and she gave me a prescription for an anti-infamatory medication I need to take for a couple of weeks.
  • I asked about a new form of BC since I’m bad at taking the pill and after some discussion she seemed to think the IUD would be my best option.  I will make an appointment for that later today.
  • I also asked her if a lot of my problems lately are related to my weight and without hesitation she said yes :sigh:

1. Maureen

September 15, 2006 at 4:42 pm

I’m glad you got some answers, anyway. You can’t do anything to make stuff better without knowing what the problem is.

Although I’m sure that many of my aches and pains are weight related, I’m *not* going to give myself all kinds of stress-related issues by worrying about it too much. You are not *that* overweight, young lady. Start taking little steps, making small changes that will make a difference and that will make you feel great about doing something positive for yourself.

Succeeding at these little things will motivate you to do even more for yourself.

So, add a 15 minute walk every night. Park a couple buildings further away, at work. Use nutrasweet instead of sugar in your coffee. Bring crunchy healthy snacks for work. Switch to a lower fat version of everything.

Just do what you can, without making yourself miserable (which will set you up for failure). Try to change your lifestyle a little bit at a time.

September 15, 2006 at 5:02 pm

Maureen – You are right, I need not to stress about it (that never helps anything) and I am not THAT overweight. I mean, obviously I can function pretty well in life…I can walk up stairs, I can go for a walk…stuff like that.

I know my health (not just weight) is effecting my life and I don’t want to go nuts about this. I know I get tired a lot and over the last year I’ve started to feel really old. I mean old by I’m so tired and don’t have the energy I used to have.

I almost fell asleep an hour ago on the sofa and I still feel awful…I think it’s because I didn’t have any water yet today.

3. Krayzee Chickadee

September 15, 2006 at 6:04 pm

Have you considered looking into doing a ‘diabetic’ type of diet? One that uses the gylcemic index to help you decide what you can/can’t eat? Look into it and see what you think. I know that I need to loose weight as well. It is just a matter of kicking myself in the a$$ and getting on with it.
    I have had success in the past with reducing my ‘bad’ carbs after 3pm, and no eating after 7/8pm. Try keeping a food diary to see what you are putting in. http://www.nutridiary.com is a (free) helpful website for that.
    Another thing that people say is…. eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper. …. ha ha … right? Who has time in the morning for a big meal?
    Good luck with everything, and if ya need a shoulder, you know I’m here. :wave:

4. Gary

September 15, 2006 at 7:38 pm

Judging by your profile picture, you don’t look all that heavy. I doubt seriously that weight caused your foot problem, but it may be aggravating it somewhat.

I hope you have a nice weekend.

5. Janet

September 16, 2006 at 2:48 pm

I’m surprised you had to ask that question. What if you hadnt brought it up. Would she never had mentioned it?

I hope you’re feeling better soon.

September 16, 2006 at 3:55 pm

I’m not sure she would have mentioned it, I guess I just wanted to hear it for sure. I don’t think I’m going to die tomorrow because of it but I think it’s slowly starting to effect. me.

7. jane

September 16, 2006 at 11:02 pm

It is the absolute worst when your toes itch! OMGOSH and I’m so ticklish, even when it’s me doing it to myself.

Have you looked into the BC shot that lasts 3 months? If you haven’t, that’s definately worth checking out.

Weight. Medical problems. I can relate all too well.

8. Sarah

September 17, 2006 at 3:43 am

Have you tried the Ring? I use it and I rave about it as the best birth control ever. It’s just once a month, and hardly noticeable.

September 17, 2006 at 10:18 am

Jane – she told me the depo shot wasn’t a good idea if I was worried about weight.

Sarah – I was told it wasn’t good to use that if you are close to a certain weight.