Hissy Fit

My little girl Aurora whom I adore is getting bitchier by the day. I’m really worried about her and worried about Pilot as well.

Every single day Aurora hisses and swats at Pilot, all he has to do is walk by her. I’ve noticed he’s started to try to stay away from her and gets nervous when she wAuroraalks by. I don’t think she’s actually hurt him but it’s making everyone really unhappy.

Aurora and Pilot were never really close like some cats but they were always civil and occasionally sweet. A few times they’ve even gone up to each other and helped clean the fur a bit but that is no more.

I noticed yesterday when they both went to eat out of their food bowl Aurora looked at him unsure of him and then when she sniffed him she suddenly hissed and tried to swat him away.  Erik had said he thought it was because of being outside Pilot smells differently, I think smell is a big thing with Aurora.

Everyone is afraid of Aurora again and when we have visitors they avoid her like the plague. I hate it, I hate what she’s turned back into. I’ve almost entirely stopped picking her up because she goes ape shit every single time.

What do you do when you have a cat like that in the house?

1. Maureen

September 12, 2006 at 9:58 am

Just wondering… Has Aurora been ‘fixed’? She seems awful moody & protective – wonder if she might be expecting :dunno:

September 12, 2006 at 10:01 am

She was fixed a long time ago.

3. Miss Ann

September 12, 2006 at 10:32 am

I’d keep them in the house. She’s learning defensive and aggressive behaviour.

Rosey is no picnic but she isn’t horrid.

September 12, 2006 at 10:35 am

This may be what we need to do but it’s heartbreaking to keep them inside now…I’m torn. Also Aurora claws at the door all damn day and they’ll sneak out if you happen to leave the door open.

5. gemini

September 13, 2006 at 9:52 pm

I think that you should talk to the Vet Maybe he/she can offer an alternative… Although “Most” vets will tell you that you should keep your Cat inside….

Maybe she needs some Midol or some Prozak? (they do have that for cats you know… lol)

:sigh:

sorry chic not easy choices…

September 14, 2006 at 6:01 am

Gemini – I’d try to keep her inside but the way the house is setup it’s tough…very tough. We started letting them out when Pilot was already sneaking out without us knowing.

Prozac…that would be nice.

7. gemini

September 14, 2006 at 6:54 am

I know that they are sneaking out… I watch them do it LOL….

But Now that Fall is on its way you will have the door shut much more often… Maybe you can stop the trips out side all together??

I still recomend getting her on some prozac or some Lythiam or something cause she is evil…lol :willy_nilly:

September 14, 2006 at 7:56 am