We Found a Kitty

Ok, so there was this neighbor cat that would come on our property all the time and piss Aurora off to no end.  It had a stripey tail like Aurora and once Erik thought it was Aurora he saw laying under the front porch but quickly realized she was inside.

This morning he saw the cat was still there but it wasn’t moving.  The cat seems the cat came to die under our front deck.  We haven’t even met these neighbors yet and this will be our welcome “Hi, do you have a cat?  I think it is under our deck” :dunno:

Poor kitty…no wonder our furkids have been freaking out so much lately.

1. DonnaDork

August 22, 2006 at 9:19 am

Aww poor kitty! :sob:
    Yeah, cats will do that..they’ll take themselves away somewhere to die, and unfortunately for you, it was under your deck, and you guys had to be the ones to find it.

I’m sure the neighbours will realize that it happens and don’t act like asses over it.

August 22, 2006 at 9:21 am

I know if it were my cat I’d want someone to come tell me in person. When 2 of my cats were hit by cars they were just left there and that truly broke my heart.

3. Maureen

August 22, 2006 at 11:46 am

We had an elderly cat who we knew was sick (had taken him to the vet & were giving him meds). He snuck out of the house & we never saw him again. I keep feeling bad for whoever found him & had to deal with it – like we shirked our responsibility in some way. Jim keeps hoping that he was found, sick, by the nuns who live a couple blocks away & that they are still taking care of him to this day.

I hope all goes well for you. What a sad thing to have happen.

4. Lysie

August 22, 2006 at 12:52 pm

Awww…. :sob:

My ex called me yesterday to tell me his cat Mr. Kitty died. I cried my ass off because he was such a cool bitch.

August 22, 2006 at 12:55 pm

Lysie – Awww…I would too. None of my ex’s liked cats…big part of why they are ex’s :flipa:

6. Sarah

August 22, 2006 at 6:28 pm

Oh no! Poor cat. 🙁 I think this is common, though. We found the skeleton of a cat that died under our front porch when I was a kid. And they found my grandparents’ cat under the really low branches of a tree. She was old and had snuck in there and gone to sleep. That is an awful first conversation to have to have with someone.

7. Miss Ann

August 22, 2006 at 7:54 pm

that’s so sad. poor baby.