My Hair is Too Long

Long Hair I’ve been growing my hair out for a while. Usually what I do is grow my hair out, get sick of it, cut it off and then grow it back. I’m at the part where my hair is just too damn long.

My hair is so long right now that when I try to put it up it pulls on my scalp. If I leave it all down it bugs me or it just makes me hot. I can’t win and at the very least it needs a trim.

I also want to note that this is actually my real hair color, it took me a long time for all the coloring and highlights to grow out. I’ve gotten a lot of compliments on it, guess it’s best natural :cheesy:

I’m debating cutting my bangs again. I’ve learned recently (since I hadn’t really had bangs in eons) that my bangs grow out funny. One part of them has this littleHaircut flip thingy that I can’t get to stay down unless I wear barrettes or a headband. On the other hand when it’s hot like this bangs get gross really easily.

So today I’m getting a trim, not sure what I’ll do but I think for the time being I’d like to keep it on the long side.

Edited to add: I went out and got a trim and brought back the bangs.  Not a whole lot of a difference but I think it looks nicer.

1. Ethel

August 5, 2006 at 9:53 am

I do love the color!

I hear ya on the length and the heat and the scalp pulling. Mine is shorter than yours by an inch or two, but I’ve been miserable with either a hot neck or a sore scalp this week.

Have fun today and let us know what you decide. 🙂

2. a feminist

August 5, 2006 at 11:23 am

I’m in the exact same position (except I don’t have that fantastic colour! Why oh why have you ever dyed your hair when blessed with that?!) – I’ve been tempted to cut it all off into a radical chin-length bob just for some relief in the heat… but I know I’ll regret it so I’ve resisted the urge so far (add in the fact that the only stylist I trust to touch my hair has a several-week waiting list and I guess I’d chicken out before my appointment came round, though).

August 5, 2006 at 11:48 am

I haven’t had a regular stylist in a very long time and every once-in-a-while I hate the job some new girl does. I just posted the new picture, not much difference but it feels better.

Thanks for the compliment on my hair color, I was young and unsatisified when I colored it all the time :dunno: The stylist did tell me I had really healthy hair :cheesy:

4. Vixen

August 5, 2006 at 2:05 pm

You have beautiful hair, Robin! dayam! And I can imagine how much your neck sweats when it’s down, but man it’d be a shame to cut that!

Looks good all trimmed! VERY shiny!

August 5, 2006 at 2:38 pm

Vixen – Thanks! Yeah I couldn’t cut it too short and I’d like to have LONG hair for a little while longer before it starts looking strange on a 30-something year old.

6. Leanne

August 6, 2006 at 7:51 am

You have beautiful hair! I struggle with growing it out twice a year. I try. I get 4-5 months into it and hate it. I always tell myself that I’m only growing it out to put it up, so why not just chop it off and save a step?

I’m trying again, and hopefully your hair will motivate me. So keep it long for me, okay? Please?

Where’s your bird feeder?

August 6, 2006 at 9:01 am

Leanne – Thanks! I will keep it long for now at least and would like to have it long whenever I get married.

We just got the cute bird feeder yesterday and need to set it up. I’ll post about it when we do. Actually we’ve made a few improvements on our house I would like to share although I don’t know if anyone cares as much as I do :blush:

8. Teri