Landlord Free

I didn’t realize how relieved I would be to not have a landlord anymore. To realize that where we live is all ours and we only have to answer to the mortgage company. I love not worrying about anyone else but us.

I hate landlords and I’m sure it’s not very fun to be one either. They always seem to be generally nice but a little on the cranky side. Erik and I always dreaded calling our last landlord because she always sounded disappointed or something :dunno:

Whatever I have to do to avoid renting again I will do. I don’t know how Erik went from owning a house to renting a tiny apartment. I give him props for starting from scratch :thumbsup:

I thought the exciting thing of owning a house would be the not throwing your money away on rent thing but it’s actually the freedom. The freedom to do whatever I want whenever I want. I forgot how much I missed that.

1. Gemini

August 3, 2006 at 11:33 am

I cant wait to get my first home! I hate RENTING!!!!!!

LUCKY!

August 3, 2006 at 11:39 am

Gemini – It’s weird, we’re on opposite sides of 2 really important things in our lives.

You want a house, I have a house.
    I want to get engaged/married, you have been/are.

So I suppose we can comfort each other in the fact that both will happen when they are meant to happen. I’m SURE the perfect house is right around the corner (not litterally) and it will be great!!! :thumbsup:

3. Gemini

August 3, 2006 at 12:01 pm

YAY!

lol… Well hopefully Saturday we will find that perfect house! hehehe… 🙂

4. Chris

August 3, 2006 at 1:23 pm

I cannot wait to own a house so I can’t hang things on the wall. So I can paint the doors green if I wanted to (which I don’t).
    You’re right about the freedom.

August 3, 2006 at 1:51 pm

Chris – It’s wonderful and overwhelming at the same time.

6. Kentucky Girl

August 4, 2006 at 2:02 am

I kinda liked having a landlord when repairs needed to be done…heh. But I do like (nearly) owning our home, too…sometimes…mostly. :dunno:

7. Chase

August 4, 2006 at 3:23 am

So glad you’re enjoying owning! It’s a huge change, huh?? 🙂

August 4, 2006 at 8:19 am

KG – you have a good point but luckily Erik is a real handy man :cheesy:

Chase – That’s for sure!

9. Crystal

August 4, 2006 at 9:45 am

At this point, I honestly could care less if we ever get a house of our own. While I’d love to have our own place, our main forcus at the moment is to get out of the place we’re in now, where we’ve got the landlord constantly upstairs and checking in on us (he went through our trash again – this makes the 3rd or 4th week in a row). Someday, when we both have jobs that we don’t anticipate leaving anytime soon, we’ll look into buying something of our own.

August 4, 2006 at 9:47 am

Crystal – you have to do it when it’s right, we waited 3 years and we also had a large amount to put down so we wanted to make use of that before it was used up.

Your landlord sounds psycho :twitchy: