Sometimes You Just Give In

We’re trying to conserve and part of that is not using air conditioning in our new house. We’ve lived there about 3 weeks now and never once used air conditioning…until last night.

We tried to just use the fan but we both woke up at 2 am so miserable and unable to sleep that we realized sometimes you have to spend a few bucks to just be able to sleep. That and I took a Melatonin to make sure I got a few more hours so I wouldn’t be a cranky bitch the next day.

I try not to complain about the heat because I hate the cold weather so much more. I complain about the snow and the ice and the fact that I’m shivering just walking to the bathroom in the morning. So when it’s summer I try to enjoy it no matter what temperature.

Well when it interrupts my sleep it’s a different story all together :whosnext:

I’m just glad to be in an air conditioned building this week :mwahaha:

1. maureen

August 2, 2006 at 12:05 pm

We’re definitely using the central air these past few days, too, but I’ve been turning it off at night, to give it a rest. Our air is not very efficient, and the temps have been *so* hot, that it doesn’t cool all that well, anyway. But, it’s better than nothing & I figure that it’s better to have it running at it’s best during the day, when we’re all up & about. Still, it’s hard to sleep at night with just the ceiling fans, which leave me feeling all dry in the sinuses throughout the day. I just can’t wait for the promised break in the heat wave!

2. Lysie

August 2, 2006 at 1:11 pm

I couldn’t live without AC. Oh hell no!!

3. Chris

August 2, 2006 at 2:35 pm

I hate, hate, HATE having to sleep on hot nights. It’s just stifling and horrible. So one night of air conditioning out of three weeks is not at all bad.

August 2, 2006 at 2:40 pm

Chris – Yeah I think we did pretty well. Luckily the area we moved to is a little cooler than other areas probably because of ALL the trees and being so close to a lake. If I were home today I’d probably just go take a dip in the lake. I can handle the heat pretty well, it doesn’t bother me much unless I’m trying to sleep :whosnext:

5. Heather B

August 2, 2006 at 4:20 pm

No AC here I just have all my ceiling fans cranking all day and my window open and a big huge fan on us at night to keep us cool. If it gets to hot during the day, well we will just go get wet at sea world 😉

6. heather(anne)

August 2, 2006 at 5:28 pm

I LOVE summer heat. I love heat and humidity. If I had my way, I’d be living in Florida – but I can’t tear my husband away from Ohio State Football! My husband hates the heat. So our a/c is on all the time. I hate it. I swear I wear sweat pants and a sweat shirt at night because I have no tolerance for cold. I think it’s like 105 or something today – supposed to be the hottest day so far. I’m loving it. :hyper:

August 2, 2006 at 7:30 pm

Heather – You sound like me, I’d much rather live in a warmer (all year long) climate. I get so depressed when fall arrives…and I live in New England :duh:

8. Sarah

August 2, 2006 at 10:17 pm

I love warm humid climates… but here it’s so humid you can hardly breathe in summer. We are seriously living in two rooms to keep the AC cost down. I can’t sleep either if I’m too warm. :rolleyes:

9. Gary

August 3, 2006 at 12:34 am

When I find MYSELF wanting to give in, it is usually to a piece of chocolate. 🙂

August 3, 2006 at 8:30 am

Sarah – We have to do what we have to do. Maybe we should move the tv into the bedroom for now…or not watch so much :dunno:

Gary – mmmm…chocolate. It’s TOM right now and I’ve been CRAVING a Reeses Big Cup :hyper: