Little Devil

Somehow Pilot snuck out again and Aurora was freaking out this morning again. My little furkids are just little terrors right now. Actually Aurora has been great and even lets me know when her little brother is outside when he shouldn’t be. What a good girl.

I swear though, Pilot got a taste of the outside and it’s like keeping a child from the cookie jar, he’ll do anything and everything to get what he wants. Erik said he even closed up the screen door and everything yesterday and Pilot still busted through the damn thing. Erik had to tackled him on the deck to bring him inside.

Looks like he’s going to be an outdoor kitty whether we like it or not. Aurora couldn’t care less so far about going outside.

———————–

Yesterday I had to kind of “tattle” on a co-worker and it sucked. The work just wasn’t getting done and I had to keep checking on her. She was also chatting all day with friends. That’s fine with me as long as you get your work done on time :rant: Luckily my boss agreed and also won’t mention me when she speaks to her.

I just wish she wouldn’t get so cranky when I have to talk to her, my co-worker that is, because it makes it so unpleasant. Believe me I’ve been talked to so many times and it sucks but you just have to deal with it. I still make mistakes and you just have to find a way to not keep making the same ones.

———————–

The house is great though and so peaceful. I’ve slept so soundly for the last few nights and it’s just wonderful to do laundry at home. I think the laundry might be the best part of it at the moment. Now we just have to move out everything from the OLD apartment and keep working on the house fixer-uppers.

———————–

I hope everyone is doing well, haven’t had many comments lately but I know it’s summer and we’re all busy having fun :yipee:

1. Vixen

July 13, 2006 at 9:43 am

Just make sure Pilot is up to date on all of his shots, and I hope he still has his front claws? He should be ok, and probably won’t venture too far. And if he does, he’ll find his way back and realize that “hey! these people feed me! I’d better stick close!” LOL Or however their little brains work!

July 13, 2006 at 9:54 am

If there is one thing that is important to Pilot, it’s his dry food. He can’t go very long without it that’s for sure. He should be up to date on all his shots and he certainly has ALL his claws…our new sofa can attest to that!

3. Sarah

July 13, 2006 at 11:28 am

My cat Groucho was like that. We inherited him from my grandmother when I was 12. She tried and tried to make him an indoor cat. He was always escaping. Once he realized “out” was there, there was no going back. Once he jumped out the car window and got lost. After she died we just let him out. But then, we have 150 acres of land, so it’s not the same as having an outdoor cat in the city. I was expecting to go through that with Jolee, having to dive after him as he runs out the door, but Katrina seems to have deprived him of the desire to go out. He’s like, “I’ve been there. I hated it.” But my cats growing up have always gone out, and they usually stick close. I think the novelty wears off and they just end up hanging out on the porch watching birds.

4. Chris

July 13, 2006 at 12:44 pm

About your work colleague thing, you’ve got to tell people when they’re doing it wrong, or not getting the work done, otherwise they’ll never know and nothing will change. I think you’re pretty brave.

July 13, 2006 at 12:48 pm

Chris – Luckily I have a really great boss and she is easy to talk to. It’s just, I understand a learning curve and it’s a tough dept to get the hang of but taking a 1/2 hour to do like 1 letter? She’s been an admin for at least 30 years I’m sure. I’m just so swamped at work right now that I really need everyone on their game and I can’t babysit. I do though always point out the mistakes she makes and in a nice way but I always point them out. It just sucked doing that because I was kind of in her shoes like 8 months ago.

6. Heather B

July 13, 2006 at 1:26 pm

We had a laundry room before, but it was outside in the back yard. Now we have it at the end of our hall by our bedroom (the laundry room is also the way to the back yard) and i love having it in our house, so i can start laundry w/o having to be fully dressed lol 🙂

July 13, 2006 at 1:29 pm

Heather B – 1/2 naked laundry is great :thumbsup: Ours (as one can tell by pictures) is in the kitchen but may not stay that way forever but it works just fine for us now.