Blueberries and Pizza

BlueberriesTurns out we have a blueberry bush in our backyard with real blueberries on it. Erik already picked a few and we ate them. Having our own blueberries, that’s pretty cool I must say. There is a strawberry patch too!Fresh Picked Blueberries

Don’t they look great?

I also had my first real guest at our home. My friend KK stopped by to hang out and even bought us pizza at the local pizza place.

Ist LayerWe also finished the first layer of paint in the livingroom :yipee: The sofa shows up tomorrow so today we finish the livingroom :thumbsup:Pizza

Yesterday was hard and all the frustration of it has started to show but I think we’re refreshed today to get back into it. I’m not sure if I’m more happy that I had this long weekend to work on our house or a little bummed I really didn’t get to enjoy it. I guess that’s what being a homeowner is about.

1. Blueyes

July 4, 2006 at 10:48 am

Swap you a blueberry bush and I’ll raise you a water chestnut tree 🙂 I have no use for these what so ever! My neighbor did have a blackberry tree but the previous owner never controlled it and it grew WAY out of control so she cut it down. I miss that tree, I love blackberries 🙁

2. Vixen

July 4, 2006 at 11:46 am

Oooooooo wild blueberry’s are so darn good! Luck you! I hope you can have a little fun today…happy 4th, sweety!

July 4, 2006 at 3:17 pm

hterry – don’t think we’d have any use for a chestnut tree but thanks :thumbsup: It’s too bad they didn’t take care of all that stuff, we’re certainly dealing with a lot of stuff the previous owner let go on.

Vixen – Yeah, it’s pretty cool. I’m home now as Erik is doing some more work, I’m going to pack more. I was just overwhelmed and needed to get away. We’re going to go out to dinner tonight with our parents, I think we need to sit down away from here for a good meal.

4. Maureen

July 4, 2006 at 3:23 pm

How cool! We try to make sure that at least half of the things we plant at our house are edible. Of course, most of it gets eaten by wildlife before we get to it 😀 But, that’s OK – we like wild creatures, too.

We think it’s really good for the kids to see where food comes from, especially living here in the suburbs as we do.

July 4, 2006 at 3:38 pm

Hey, who knows…I could start gardening someday. Crazier things have happened :cheesy:

6. Heather B

July 5, 2006 at 2:55 am

Sounds like your having alot more fun then me… 🙂 Specially since your doing work on your own home, and not on a rented home.

July 5, 2006 at 8:03 am

True Heather B, it’s a different feeling I’m sure to be working on a place you own. It still doesn’t feel like mine yet though or not as I thought it would feel.

8. Chris

July 5, 2006 at 12:38 pm

We used to have blackberries and that was always fun!